Thread: Good choice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A FI 2.3L 5 speed Fox Notchback Mustang would be the car to race in ITB IF you just have to run a Mustang. The early carb engines do have some asvantages as they are a bit lighter as the FI system does add some weight but the later FI engines should make a more power due to better heads and intakes and if their tuned right.

I raced a 1993 Cobra R in club racing in ITE or other "run what you brung" classs and even with modifications you will go thorugh brake pads, rotors, tires, & fuel at a rate 3 times as much as most other IT cars and the parts costs more as well!

I am returning to racing and plan on doing it in a cheap to race car. When it's ready.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

The Cobra R is worth some money now days. Its crazy how there prices go up. But supply and demand.

Iam wondering how a SVO stang would do?

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    The Cobra R is worth some money now days. Its crazy how there prices go up. But supply and demand.

Iam wondering how a SVO stang would do?
    The car was a track car when I bought it. The "wrapper" near zero mile cars are the ones that can command the big bucks. I bought mine in '95 for about 15% over sticker price with cage, racing seats, belts, fire system, and a few other misc. items already installed. I raced it for 9 years and sold it in '06 for a bit less then what I payed for it.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

I didnt see the SVO stang in the rule book. Iam going to guess they are not allowed. Can someone clarify?

Gill, where in NC are you located? I'm a long time Ford nut, have owned many Mustangs, and currently race a Z. I live in Cary NC. If you're local maybe we could get together and try and help you out a bit.

SVO's aren't allowed. I used to have a beautiful 86, great cars. But in IT no turbocharging/supercharging is allowed and thus the cars are not classed.

Ron, thanks for the info. Iam a Ford nut also. I live in Lumberton and have always loved motorsports. Iam leaving in two weeks for training for a up coming deployment. I was just trying to get a idea before I leave what road I can talk. So when I get back I can hit the ground running.

Thanks for wearing the uniform, we salute you!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!