Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August race at MidAmerica?

Default August race at MidAmerica?

I was just wondering how many people who frequent this forum are planning on going to the race at MAM this August 14-15. I'll be there for sure with the Sentra lookin to break 1:50s. Got the new suspension setup goin and it feels faster, not sure what the times will say, though!

-Cheers
    Brett Westcott
    #58 ITA Sentra SE-R

I'll be there Brett. Brian Landers in the yellow miata will be there as well...not sure who else from KC.

i'll be there for the afternoon portion of the test day as well....hoping to break into 46s if the weather is right.
    Last edited by tnord; 07-15-2010 at 05:55 PM.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I'll be there if I get my car back from the shop in time so that I can start working on it.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

I'm planning on being there with the Volvo. That is, if I figure out why it has an unintended drop-one-cylinder 6500 rpm rev limiter. And if I get at least one gearbox rebuilt. And if I figure out why I've lost a bunch of compression on #3 cylinder. And if I don't break something else major at St. Louis.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

We need all of you to get out to the track,weather is going to be perfect,friday night party in Mazdaville,all are welcome,food and beer(pop) provided.Come on out and have some fun.

Dave V

Oh and some dude from Texas is bringing up a 1999 ITE Miata with a 340 horse Corvette motor.Who here does not want to witness that!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    I'll be there Brett. Brian Landers in the yellow miata will be there as well...not sure who else from KC.

i'll be there for the afternoon portion of the test day as well....hoping to break into 46s if the weather is right.
    Don't hold your breath, Golf Boy. We're talking the midwest in August.

Boneless chops again in Mazdaville (nice change to the name, Dave!)
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

yeah, but comparing data with you should yield me 2s/lap......right?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

...hoping to break into 46s for 9 holes if the weather is right.
    Fixed it for you Travis...

Dave and I *might* make it. Budget is tight and I think the engine is going soft.
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

46s for 9?!?!? that's terrible! i had a 39 a week ago!
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Default Mam - 8/14

Just registered. Haven't driven the track yet (ever), will try to stay out of Travis's way...

'88 Fiero ITA

I rented my miata to Ron, it will runnin ITA, big Dave's engine will be finished this week, trans next week....... I have to start allover on a cyl head for my rabbit, but have a 100K mile head if it isn't finished!

There is a carnival? I know there will be a dunk tank, and LOTS of squirt guns!
    "Nebraska organizing committees
    to race in Iowa & Ne board thing "
    Still working on a name...
    X-MVRG Member...
    ITB Rabbit/ITA Miata

See other thread for invitation to register. I'm a little late getting the notices out.

Glad to see that didn't stop many of you from registering ... remember, if you don't register, the late fee applies at the track ... so, please register early and often!

Thanks,
    Kelley Huxtable
    MVRG Registrar
    DMVR

23 in the IT group and 11 ITA so far. i know of at least one other ITA car yet to register.....should be a fun weekend.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

And currently there are more VW's in group 6 then there are Miata's.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Holy crap! Seven VW's against a lone 40 year-old Volvo? There is obviously conspiracy afoot in ITB.

Eight ITB cars. I just can't believe it.

Cool!

Squared!
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

i can't believe it either. i've never seen so many ITB cars in MiDiv, Chuck Hemmingson and Albin always have a good race there, and now Gary is coming too?

i hate me some VW (except to draft off of when lapping ), but i'm very glad to see so many of them out.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

i think all of us need to talk to the race chair/stewards about combining the formula car groups and moving IT up one, or flipping IT and the FV/FF/500 group.

this is just getting silly that we're always last.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

i think all of us need to talk to the race chair/stewards about combining the formula car groups and moving IT up one, or flipping IT and the FV/FF/500 group.

this is just getting silly that we're always last.
    Travis,

Your options for this weekend are pretty limited at this point. The National must have 5 race groups per the GCR, so combining the open wheel groups can't happen unless they split one of the other National groups. The only way that a race group can be moved forward is by getting the stewards to agree to it and get all of the competitors in your race group to agree to it.

I would recommend talking to the race organizers and asking them to rotate the groups from race to race in the future. We try to do this in St. Louis so that the same group is not always running last or first.

I am sure this race group is going to put on a fun show for us corner workers next weekend. I am definitely looking forward to it.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

when i was younger and single i didn't really care about being last group and getting home late. but now being married, having a more demanding job to go to on monday morning, and just generally having more shit to do....being last group at MAM every single effing time is growing quite irksome.

since our division can't seem to get their collective scheduling shit together so events don't fall one after the other, KNOWING i'm going to be last group at MAM, but being *not last* somewhere else makes those other events more appealing.

and then there's the paddock. think they'll tell us for the 6th straight year that it'll be fixed before the next event?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region