Thread: Kuhmo v710's

Default Kuhmo v710's

Do they "work" for road racing? I knew a friend who ran them on his ITB VW. I gotta think that a NASA 40 minute session might melt a v710.

I was kinda thinking about buying 2~3 sets of v710s a year vs buying a dedicated auto-x tire and a dedicated road racing tire. If nothing else I could slim down the amount of wheels in the garage/basement

the r/r car is an ita/pte neon, and the auto-x & lapping car is vw gti vr6.

tia...
    aaron...
    SCCA-LOL board member
    '95 VW GTI VR6 Auto-x/lapping/NASA Time Trials E
    '95 Neon ACR ex-Celeberty Challenge, ex SSC, NASA Performance Touring E/SCCA ITA
    http://junglemotorsports.blogspot.com

i use them on my miata. they work pretty well, especially for the first few laps. if it's really hot out they can fall off, but otherwise i don't really have any complaints.

i see you're in minneapolis, are you planning on coming down to MAM in August? there's typically some pretty good ITA fields at that track, a free/donations accepted BBQ on friday night, half test days for $80, and there isn't a safer track to race at that i know of.
    Last edited by tnord; 07-07-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

They work fine. I have been using them for 3-4 years now.
    Jared Cromas
    2012-2010 & 2008 Midwestern Council ITA Champion
    2008 Midwestern Council Driver of the Year
    SCSCC Race Steward
    #111 FP/ST '90 Gold/Blk Acura Integra

They work great, I have been running them for 3 years and find them very consistant through out the race. Great tire and would highly recommend them.
    Darryl Pritchett
    ITA #92 Dodge Neon
    2008 SE DP Champion
    2010 CFL Region ITA Champion

Dude, you will be fine. I ran them for years on my ITC/B CRX. They are awesome tire's and I really miss them now that I am running SM.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    i use them on my miata. they work pretty well, especially for the first few laps. if it's really hot out they can fall off, but otherwise i don't really have any complaints.

i see you're in minneapolis, are you planning on coming down to MAM in August? there's typically some pretty good ITA fields at that track, a free/donations accepted BBQ on friday night, half test days for $80, and there isn't a safer track to race at that i know of.

I aquired a set of old auto-x tires for really cheap, so i thought I would burn them up....they aren't as grippy as the Hoosier R6's and A304's I was running, but they did fine.....did I mention I got them cheap?! Fortunatly right now my auto-x car and r/r car can use the same wheel/tires, so I was thinking about consolidating the wheel/tire piles.

MAM....ummm well for which club? The ironic thing is that I am on the local SCCA board, but have only run a single SCCA race (I JUST got my Comp. License this year). I have been running w/ NASA for many years in their HPDE/Time Trials program.
    Last edited by jungle; 07-19-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    aaron...
    SCCA-LOL board member
    '95 VW GTI VR6 Auto-x/lapping/NASA Time Trials E
    '95 Neon ACR ex-Celeberty Challenge, ex SSC, NASA Performance Touring E/SCCA ITA
    http://junglemotorsports.blogspot.com

SCCA Aug 14th/15th.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region