Thread: New Racers in ITS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is that David Ross's old car?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Don't believe so. It was built in Michigan and bought by Tom Degregorio. He sold it to Scott Freedman who sold it to me. I ran it in a few races and had problems with brakes and fuel. A switch to Hawk blues solved the brake issues (they were overheating with Porterfield sprint pads) and replacing the fuel filter (was meant for carbeurated car) fixed this issues. I made quite a few updates - suspension, cage, fuel cell etc.

So when I finally got it running well at CMP it was pretty good. I had a qualifying session then got wacked on the opening lap by an RX-7 and that broke the RF suspension! I have all the bits needed to put humpty together again but no time and I only need one IT car.

Motor feels pretty strong and the handling has less feel than my 944 but is basically OK. I really should keep it - makes a great sprint car, and use the 944 for Enduros, or even vice-versa.
    Last edited by timo944; 07-01-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    timo

Hmmm...is it brown or white?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I was about 95% certain I had my ITS Prelude Si sold to a guy in the Atlanta area last month. He was looking to make the jump from HPDE/PDX's to racing. He sold the HPDE car, bought the truck, but then ran into some cash flow problems. Might not be dead in the water, but looking bleak. I was really excited about the idea of that car heading to the SEDiv where a "smaller than me" guy could race it at minimum weight against good fields. I still think it's hands-down one of the best cars to have in ITS.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

With the power and torque numbers I heard for it, I agree.

Hope it works out and we see that car out next year.

Corrado and that car are the two high power FWD cars that, while it may take dollars to get them competitive, sure seem like they could be winners.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

We have had a few really fast Preludes in the southeast, just not after lap 10. By then the front tires are toast.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Didn't Lucho drive one?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    I was about 95% certain I had my ITS Prelude Si sold to a guy in the Atlanta area last month. He was looking to make the jump from HPDE/PDX's to racing. He sold the HPDE car, bought the truck, but then ran into some cash flow problems. Might not be dead in the water, but looking bleak. I was really excited about the idea of that car heading to the SEDiv where a "smaller than me" guy could race it at minimum weight against good fields. I still think it's hands-down one of the best cars to have in ITS.
    I still can't believe I couldn't make it There's still some hope, but I may end up with an ITA or ITC car what I know I would regret. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffyoung View Post
    hmmm...is it brown or white?

red!!!
    timo