Thread: New Racers in ITS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Al Gervais has moved from SRX7 to ITS with a fast RX7 (won both MARRS races this weekend),
    I wonder if we'll see more migration to other classes from 1st generation RX7 racers? Some folks have written on this forum that the 12A housings are about all gone and it won't be possible to continue to race the 1st generation cars in IT7/SRX7 indefinitely. Be great to have some IT7/SRX7 racers move into ITA/ITS/ITR.

There is a ITS civic registered for this weekend at RRR

Last time we ran the previous ITS car there I think it did no less than 4 rolls in turn 9.

Driver hasn't ran IT in qutie a few years (was out prod racing).. does that count as new?
    Last edited by quadzjr; 06-29-2010 at 11:46 AM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I wonder if we'll see more migration to other classes from 1st generation RX7 racers? Some folks have written on this forum that the 12A housings are about all gone and it won't be possible to continue to race the 1st generation cars in IT7/SRX7 indefinitely. Be great to have some IT7/SRX7 racers move into ITA/ITS/ITR.
    This is an intereting topic; and timely for me in that I was just thinking this weekend that I might start looking at ITS; I've given up on the ITR idea, and have come to the conclusion that I'm wasting my money trying to do anything else with the 240SX in ITA. I'm starting to think the ITS Subie may be the next "car to have" in IT.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    have come to the conclusion that I'm wasting my money trying to do anything else with the 240SX in ITA..
    I don't know about that. Neil has one down here in the SE, has run 2:18 flat at VIR with more on the table. Pretty good I think. Good at CMP too and probably so at Roebling Road.

Earl, the "big jump" in times for Neil came due to some serious suspension tuning. It was not motor. They went WAY high on spring rates, I think they are over 1000 lbs up front and 500-600 rear (don't quote me on it).

That and some off season work with data acqusition got them 3-4 seconds at VIR. It's not motor -- I've driven off from that car in a straight line. It's handling and driving.

Based on what Neil has done I still think a too the max 240sx can win. The Miata guys have raised the bar, but I don't think the Integra, the CRA, the SE-R or the 240sx are done just yet.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I don't know about that. Neil has one down here in the SE, has run 2:18 flat at VIR with more on the table. Pretty good I think. Good at CMP too and probably so at Roebling Road.
    Yeah, I talked with Neal for a good while when I was down there in May - he definitely has that car working about as well as any 240SX I've seen. He's also put a lot of time and a good bit of $$$ into it from what I gather. And for all that, on a track where hp cars should have the advantage (IMO), he was still 2 full seconds behind Brian. I could be wrong, but at this point I'm of the opinion that when the very best cars/drivers come out, ITA is down to a 2 car class right now - CRX or Miata.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

From following Brian around, he seems to have out of this world car control skills. He might be the 2 second difference right there.

Neil still has development to do on the 240 as well.

I still ITA as fairly balanced. Integra, 240sx, SE-R, CRX, Miata -- all seem to have a chance depending on who is driving and where.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8