Thread: Hallett - July 4th weekend

Default Hallett - July 4th weekend

Who's in for the annual Firecracker Grand Prix, July 2-4? I know there's gonna be a good group of Wichita region folks there...
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Wouldn't miss it for love nor money. Well okay - if there were enough money involved, maybe...

The Volvo is on the downhill side of an unscheduled engine removal, due to a low (as in "near zero") oil pressure problem. Turned out there was a piece of debris holding the oil pump relief valve open. This was probably an artifact from a 3-seasons-back catastrophic engine failure. In any case, we should have the car back together with time to spare.

My personal goal is to give Mr. Albin a better race at Hallett than I did in April. I was running crap-can shocks then, and that is no longer the case... freshly rebuilt Carrera's are now in place (thanks, David Russell).

And BTW, as of June 30th I'm no longer an SCCA Okie... as the result of a household move last year, you can now count me as part of that Wichita region contingent. Whether you want to or not.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Gary, I knew your brother was up here, but wasn't sure you were as well. The Neon has new (old) struts on the rear, so it should drive better now...
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176