Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team DI Pro IT at Summit Point

I can confirm that Round 4 of the TeamDI.com Pro IT series scheduled at Summit Point this weekend has been canceled.

The low number of entries and combined with the prospect of keeping the race staff on duty for another hour at the end of Sunday led to this decision.

I won't be so harsh as to blame Ben for this decision ... but he could have asked Darrell to take his car to Summit and race it for him.

The JRB will meet in the near future to determine whether this round will be replaced or abandoned.

Terry

Well, people took off work, paid for hotels and drove for hours only to find out that the race was cancelled. I understand the reasons behind this decision but a bit more consideration would have been appropriate. Like canceling the race earlier or even perhaps warning competitors that this was a distinct possibility. This does not speak well of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    I can confirm that Round 4 of the TeamDI.com Pro IT series scheduled at Summit Point this weekend has been canceled.

The low number of entries and combined with the prospect of keeping the race staff on duty for another hour at the end of Sunday led to this decision.

I won't be so harsh as to blame Ben for this decision ... but he could have asked Darrell to take his car to Summit and race it for him.

The JRB will meet in the near future to determine whether this round will be replaced or abandoned.

Terry
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Isn't that race this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Isn't that race this weekend?
    Correct
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1k View Post
    Well, people took off work, paid for hotels and drove for hours only to find out that the race was cancelled. I understand the reasons behind this decision but a bit more consideration would have been appropriate. Like canceling the race earlier or even perhaps warning competitors that this was a distinct possibility. This does not speak well of the series.

Thanks for summing that up for me Anthony. Left for home this AM at 8....just got in. Summit Point is a great track.....would have loved to race it. Thanks MUCH to Chuck Allard, Chuck Dehaven, Marshall Lytle and Dave Hogg for helping me go pretty fast at a new track. Cancelling the race because guys bailed was POOR. I won't say too much because I have NOTHING AT ALL good to say but suffice it to say the Pro-IT series is not what Ithought it was. I am out $$$$$$$. Thanks to all..................maybe we'll see ya at the Glen....if it is still a go....I guess we'll only know that a day or two before.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Default Pro-it at WGI

Doc, Last I looked at Summit Pro-it the entrys were very low. Unfortunately We had to "Bail" because of work requirements. Presently the Pro-it at WGI shows 23 entrys and with the race schedulled for first out Sunday AM that should help. T Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Seems like someone should have cancelled the event X amount of days before when the entry count wasn't high enough.
    I had to cancel due to car problems that cropped up during a test session. It would have been a saftey hazard.
    Sorry to hear this guys. :~(

Doc, why didn't you stay and run the regional?
    Last edited by dj10; 06-27-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Doc, why didn't you stay and run the regional?
    Run group 7, with big bore, no dog in the fight for MARRS points, more $$, only 2 cars registered, get home early enough to have a Sunday, etc, etc, etc....

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Run group 7, with big bore, no dog in the fight for MARRS points, more $$, only 2 cars registered, get home early enough to have a Sunday, etc, etc, etc....

R
    Wow only 2 cars for the regional! Can't say I blame you. I actually stopped running at Summit because they were running ITR in with big bore, which includes AS. I remember running with AS awhile ago and they were using me for a brake and the bottom of the shute because they couldn't stop! So I said they hell with them and I won't go back unless ITR is out of big bore.

So when did they cancel the race!?
    Sounds like it was after people who were in it actually GOT to the track?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

yeah, they had sings up at registration that said something along the lins of "Pro IT race cancelled-talk to Terry" I feel bad for you guys, but for the ones who came down, why didn't you still run the regional? (assuming you get your $$$ back from the Pro-IT) I understand why Doc Didn't, he was talking to my friends about his situation when I was bleeding brakes. But for the ITS guys, there is some pretty good battles and a good amount of entries.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    So when did they cancel the race!?
    Sounds like it was after people who were in it actually GOT to the track?
    About half way through the friday test day. I found out after testing about 4:30ish.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

yikes. hey, it's only a what, 8 hour tow for you?
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Wow only 2 cars for the regional! Can't say I blame you. I actually stopped running at Summit because they were running ITR in with big bore, which includes AS. I remember running with AS awhile ago and they were using me for a brake and the bottom of the shute because they couldn't stop! So I said they hell with them and I won't go back unless ITR is out of big bore.
    I ran the regional and I agree 100%. It makes no sense to have ITR in big bore. The speed differential with the faster GT1 and SPO cars is staggering. On the other hand AS cars are fast in the straight but hold up ITR cars in the corners. I think that MARRS ITR regulars should try very forcefully to get this situation corrected and not let petty politics force them out of a great series.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1k View Post
    I ran the regional and I agree 100%. It makes no sense to have ITR in big bore. The speed differential with the faster GT1 and SPO cars is staggering. On the other hand AS cars are fast in the straight but hold up ITR cars in the corners. I think that MARRS ITR regulars should try very forcefully to get this situation corrected and not let petty politics force them out of a great series.
    ITR/ITS - Big Bore is the worst possible combination. I've done it and I will never drive in that combination again.
    Last edited by robits325is; 06-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

For MARRS 6 at NJMP on Lightning ITR will be in with the group that has ITB, ITR, ITS & STU. The NARRC / MARRS 8 on Thunderbolt will have the same group.

Of course the Pro IT Series races at WGI and NJMP will have the usual group.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Why run STU with ITR and ITS?
    Jerry
    NER South

I agree and we ended up running the restrictor and moving to ITS in the E36 because it was to dangerous running an ITR rookie in big-bore. I believe at the time the decison was made there was only (1) car running in ITR.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

STU shouldn't be a problem. As long as there are not many of them. A good STU & driver should walk away from everyone, otherwise you will be battling for position in mid pack.

Combining those classes eliminates double dip potential, though, right? Although it seems Miatea are the main dippers....
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region