Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITB drivers... LRP in June has become a BIG race!

Talking ITB drivers... LRP in June has become a BIG race!

We have 18ITB cars registered for LRP making it the 4th Largest attended NARRC ITB race in the last 5 years. And the largest since the the 2006 NARRC runoffs

I will always remember that year... my brother and i tied for 2nd in the championship and Tim Mullen won it all... It was my turning point in realizing anything can happen. I was in the top two the entire race and out of the 23 ITB cars I had to be 7th or better or just stay ahead of raymond and Tim and i would win the championship... last lap in second, all by myself going onto noname straight I broke the hub. I coasted along the gaurdrail to the uphill and sat to watch Tim win it all!

Anyway if we could get just a few more (well 6) then we would have the largest NARRC ITB field in a decade! If we could convince beran, charlie, rich, eric, mike, derek, scott, and jim to race then we would have the largest field and all the top 5 in NARRC for the last decade! Start recruiting and if your in ITBand your reading this go register for a race you can't miss!

Stephen Blethen
    NARRC champion way back in '03

More like 28!!! With a total of 65!!!!!! cars on track! Yikes. Is this right? ITB will be race'n big time but watch the mirrors for the ITR and ITS guys will ya? I thought the max at LRP was like 42 cars. There's some car per mile formula right? Wow.
    Rob Nimkoff
    #20 BMW ITR

Oh, maybe there is a wait list and the website shows all entries even if they are on wait list? Gotta be!
    Rob Nimkoff
    #20 BMW ITR

Quote Originally Posted by M5rokit View Post
    More like 28!!! With a total of 65!!!!!! cars on track! Yikes. Is this right? ITB will be race'n big time but watch the mirrors for the ITR and ITS guys will ya? I thought the max at LRP was like 42 cars. There's some car per mile formula right? Wow.

The total, Rob, for the GROUP, at this point, is 28: 18 ITB cars, 7 ITS cars and 3 ITR cars. The CUMULATIVE total (that is, the totals of all groups to that point on the list, so Grps 1, 2 and 3), is 66. Max allowable at Lime Rock is 38. Special permission needed to go to 42. (that's an SCCA thing)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Just save enough car to get your butt out to the Glen Stephen. I'm really going to hate watching this race from the infield hill. Damn it. It'll be interesting to see if the track record gets broken this event.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Just save enough car to get your butt out to the Glen Stephen. It'll be interesting to see if the track record gets broken this event.
    I have gone through my entire car : ) even changed some geometry in the rear. Oh and I even have a couple Hoosier A6s for this event. I want to stay near the front and that record has been around for over a decade... any records from the 90's need to be broken!

As far as the glen... Well that IS the big one that I have waited all year for. Start talking to everyone about that one to. I think based on history we should get 20 cars out their as well. PS: registration is open for the July regional sprints at the glen.

As far as LRP I am going to rally for a split start for ITB. ya or na. .. what is everyone's thaughts?

Yea, yea. We'll keep an eye out for your lightning fast Bumble Bee amungst the swarm of other B's.....LMAO Hope all is well Rob, and look forward to a tough meotterless crowd. I may even have to get some stickers for this one, Damn!!!! After getting beat up by the "Professor" Nat last weekend. Im feeling a little inspired ,So I vote Nat gets the bullseye on his bumpa for this one. . Metaphoricaly speaking of course. I figured I would be the first to start the smack talkin. Kidding aside, this looks to be a bahn burna and as Stephen mentioned anything can and will happen. Its racing.!!?? Looking forward to great race with a really large fast crowd.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kjh6576 View Post
    Looking forward to great race with a really large fast crowd.
    Ken
    Your not kidding! Looking at the list I bet we have 10 different people that could claim the record if they push hard... and I bet the top ten are seperated by less than .5 after qualifying!

Quote Originally Posted by kjh6576 View Post
    I figured I would be the first to start the smack talkin.
    Ken
    Ken, I have my radar locked on you : ) finishing one car length behind you for the millionth time isn't happening again!

As far as smack talkin. ... no way in hell Raymond is finishing ahead of me I do t care how but some way some how I am staying ahead of him. In fact I would rather get 2nd to last if it meant i beat him ; )

Is the record for B 1.0314

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I bet the top ten are seperated by less than .5 after qualifying!
    $5 bucks and you wear a big enough to read drivers suit patch that says, "Jake was right, and is a great guy" says you're wrong, it will be more than that.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

So I vote Nat gets the bullseye on his bumpa for this one. . Metaphoricaly speaking of course.
    What, are you trying out for the Gainsco team to replace Fogarty?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

LMAO, I watched that on TV. That was under handed and dasteredly.sp Its amazing how much damage was caused by that area off the exit of BB. I felt really bad for those guys especially after all of G's smack talkin.

IIRC, Rick Pocock holds the record still... Rick is the man! Way humble, great instructor!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

PS: registration is open for the July regional sprints at the glen.
    Is that the Fun One?

What's the ITS record?
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by THawkbh View Post
    What's the ITS record?

main track records page:
    http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/trackrecords.html

LRP records in PDF:
    http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/crtrlrp.pdf

ITS is 1:00.813 from 2004
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Quote Originally Posted by THawkbh View Post
    Is that the Fun One?
    PS: registration is open for the July regional sprints at the glen.
    Bolded the important parts for you...

Fun one is in September I believe...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Bolded the important parts for you...

Fun one is in September I believe...
    Oh ok. thanks. I couldn't remember. I haven't been to the fun one in years.

Jake,
    I realized my ignorant analysis of the registration last night! Can you imagine 65 cars out there at once?!!!! See you there.
    Rob Nimkoff
    #20 BMW ITR