Thread: brake ducts & braking.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I had a buddy of mine fab up some stuff......he basically made a dust sheild w/ a hose attachment...we were able to clear 2" hoses. We did utilize the factory fog light holes, which isn't the best high pressure area to draw from but.....I will try to post pics later.

I did have the rotors measured at 525 degrees after a 20 min. sprint race, and a heat sensitive sticker on the outside of the caliper did trip at 340.

I also have another buddy making me some titanium backing plates to go between the pad & caliper. There will be left over Ti., if anyone wanted to buy a set.

Yes..that is Great stuff in the fog light holes holding in the tubes and forming the funnel!
    aaron...
    SCCA-LOL board member
    '95 VW GTI VR6 Auto-x/lapping/NASA Time Trials E
    '95 Neon ACR ex-Celeberty Challenge, ex SSC, NASA Performance Touring E/SCCA ITA
    http://junglemotorsports.blogspot.com

What color stripe do you have on the rear priportioning valves?? The rear drums vs rear disc use different valves at the master cylinder. Since the PO replaced the m/c, he may have used the wrong ones. Drums are gold & discs are black (I think).
    Mark
    Montero Racing (CFR)
    Plymouth Neon ITA (For Sale)
    Dodge Daytona ITB (sold)