So, this is for the exhaust?? Didn't Steve say the intake was where the performance payoff is? Or I think that was Chris. Either way, that's where I've always understood the real power gains to be.

Since Steve got (and wisely shipped them to the Steward) the plates, why not make templates of those openings? Reference your templates to the water jacket openings. (Make sure a Steward is present as a witness through the process to insure the conflict of interest issues can not arise. See also: OJ Simpson trial)

Once you have those, you can structure your protest in a staged manner, and using the template would net the obvious easy to spot changed opening cheats, saving the more thorough and expensive steps.

Bottom line to me though is, you guys want to nail the easy power cheats. Those are in the intake ports. Any real protest would involve a teardown to get and prove wrong doing, even with the template.*

* I think the visual intake manifold off inspections CAN yield obvious signs of tampering, and if it aint stock, it aint legal, so there is that as a first step, but it's not a 100% conclusive step.