Thread: Moving to Seattle

Default Moving to Seattle

Moving from Anchorage to Seattle in a few months with my ITS 86 RX7, and I'm trying to find if there are any groups/forums/clubs/etc in the Seattle area. I know about Pacific Raceway, but not about the local clubs using it often.

I'm also trying to find out how tough Washington is on emissions. The car is still street legal in AK with seasonal tags to avoid emissions testing, but I'm looking to at least drive it from the docks to the new place whenever I find one. Would be nice if Washington has a similar rule.

Thanks for any tips and advice.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by itsrx7inAK View Post
    Moving from Anchorage to Seattle in a few months with my ITS 86 RX7, and I'm trying to find if there are any groups/forums/clubs/etc in the Seattle area. I know about Pacific Raceway, but not about the local clubs using it often.

I'm also trying to find out how tough Washington is on emissions. The car is still street legal in AK with seasonal tags to avoid emissions testing, but I'm looking to at least drive it from the docks to the new place whenever I find one. Would be nice if Washington has a similar rule.

Thanks for any tips and advice.

Matt
    I can't help you with emissions & registration, but I can tell you that Northwest Region SCCA hosts races at Bremerton and Pacific Raceways. I believe that ICSCC actually hosts more races up there and also races at Spokane, Portland, and a track in BC.

http://www.nwr-scca.org/
    http://www.icscc.com/
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

The guys at ICSCC are on it. Can't wait to get there!

Matt-
    You are going to meet many great racers in Conference(ICSCC) and will enjoy our format. There should be several race classes set up for your car. Do stop by and talk to the PRO-7 drivers even though we are driving first gen's. We are currently racing at 2 tracks in Oregon, 2 in Washington and 1 in British Columbia. See ya soon, Duane #57