This is a subject that I've been on for a couple of years now and I would like to bring it up again.

I race a Mustang. I enjoy enduros more than sprint races and would compete in ECR, if I were allowed. I'm not.

The rules do allow that non-ECR classed cars may enter ECR events on a region by region bases. That does allow me to race enduros where the fields are the largest. VIR and Road Atlanta. NC region and Atlanta region approve it. The rest of SEDiv does not or has not.

I'd simply say this. Where the fields are the largest and the speeds the greatest my former Grand Am GS Mustangs and others of similar class have never had an issue with the rest of the field. Where the fields are the smallest and the speed differential not as great, we are not permitted to compete.

That seems backwards to me. We are allowed to race where car counts are strong and not allowed to race where they are not so strong.

I would like to ask for support from this IT forum to allow ITO cars into the ECR next season on a provisional basis. With the economy and car counts down, this is a good time to try it.

Thank you.