Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double/Double at Roebling Road

Quote Originally Posted by JARHEAD View Post
    Thanks. I can read and did. My computer at work has a security feature that doesn't allow automatic refresh. I had BK on the phone troubleshooting with me and got the supps. The link wouldn't work until he "fixed" my computer. Thanks Butch! Steven, until you meet me, FUCK OFF!
    So Butch makes fun of you and I actually try to help you and you tell me to fuck off? haha alright
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Any news from the weekend?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Any news from the weekend?
    There was a green RX7 there running in ITS, it was pretty quick.

Wow, looks like Charles and Chuck had an awesome race on Saturday for the ITS win! .016 difference at the line???

Fast lap times seem reasonable all around.....sounds like it was a good, clean legal race. That is very good to see.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

It was a good weekend, On Saturday had a good race going and Chuck ran into me on the front straight, for no reason and I just missed passing him at the checker, but it was a great race anyway. I really thought I had him, I will post the video soon. Made a sway bar adjustment and for Sunday and finally got the rear planted. So just tooled around by myself for the win. I did have an issue, I looked to see that I had zero oil pressure on the guage coming out of the bowl, pulled onto pit road, when the motor dropped to idle the oil light then came on, reved the motor, light went out, did that a few times figured the guage was bad, went back out, still in front of chuck and still won!! Old ZX still chugging along. Wish you guys had been there.
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

We had a rough weekend. The ITB Black MR2 cracked a piston at the end of the Satruday race. The ITB Blue MR2 finished second behind the mustang Satruday, and was leading until overheating issues sunday (sans mustang). The ITS civic had igntion issues all weekend. Satruday during the race he was working the way through the field untill a axle blew up. Sunday race ignitor/coil issues ended his run.

I was leading the ITB saturday race on the first lap infront of the Ron in the ITB mustang (he couldnt' find a gear when the greeen dropped). Exiting turn 9 I had about 3 car lengths on him by S/F we were side by side, by turn 1 he was a car length ahead of me. How do I find I dunno 20+ hp again?

Question for Ron. Were you driving the ITS car when yoru dad got into him? We got a first hand view of it as we were right behind him during Saturday enduro. I then saw him go off in turn 9 and do some lawn mowing. Hopefully both cars were okay. I did notice some body damage to the ITS car.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 07-06-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

Dang Charles, you must have had a huge lead...way to go man.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Perry View Post
    It was a good weekend, On Saturday had a good race going and Chuck ran into me on the front straight, for no reason and I just missed passing him at the checker, but it was a great race anyway. I really thought I had him, I will post the video soon. Made a sway bar adjustment and for Sunday and finally got the rear planted. So just tooled around by myself for the win. I did have an issue, I looked to see that I had zero oil pressure on the guage coming out of the bowl, pulled onto pit road, when the motor dropped to idle the oil light then came on, reved the motor, light went out, did that a few times figured the guage was bad, went back out, still in front of chuck and still won!! Old ZX still chugging along. Wish you guys had been there.

WTG man... Got any plans for the rest of the year?

thinking about running Sebring in early August and Barber in early Sept. Then we have the SIC in October. That is the plan as of today! You?
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

You guys should come down for the July Road Atlanta double SARRC.

thinking about running Sebring in early August and Barber in early Sept. Then we have the SIC in October. That is the plan as of today! You?
    Charles,
    We were going to run PBIR in Nov. and one of the remaining events at Sebring at the very least. Do you know if the August event at Sebring is long course or short course? We may run then if the car holds together through the July drivers school.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Nice job Charles! And I'm sorry to hear about the various woes. Vids of races and incidents would be interesting to see if you guys have them up.

Quote Originally Posted by SPiFF View Post
    You guys should come down for the July Road Atlanta double SARRC.
    Jeff and I would love to but we got invited to the GRM/NASA Ultimate Track Car Challenge the weekend before. Hard to pull both off with family time factored in.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 07-06-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Steve, Mike, and Josh- good to meet you and run together this weekend. Steve, Sunday was your race- karma owes you one. Mike- many thanks for your sportsmanship on my little "decal-gate" deal (and also thanks to Jim and the Stewards).

The Protege has a long way to go, but I think it has potential. Next race some camber plates and tires that don't have a mfg date of Oct '08 would be a start.

Overall a great weekend for atmosphere- great move to change format to a pair of Doubles.

Steve

2000 ITB Protege (was SSC)
    1999 Spec Miata (was SS
    Last edited by Aged racer; 07-06-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo

The Mustang had a front wheel bearing go bad. We lost a bearing cap and that was that. First time that has ever happened. No contact with the RX7. I was not in the RX7 at the time, I was in the pits watching dad do the mowing. He did a great job keeping the car going strait.
    My co-driver in the RX7 had a little bump and spin with a car that did the damage to his car.
    Great to meet you this weekend Steven. The HP takes time, I will tell you what my good friend and motor builder says, friction sucks up power.
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

here is the link. I am not computer literate enough to get the video up. You will notice the hit on the front straight, I did not waver at all, my line and I get hit. Does not look like much but was a good hit, messed my bumper up bad.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZCdR0qe88[/ame]
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Well, I guess I am smarter than I thought, it did come up!
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Glad to meet you as well Steve. It was fun being up front, but yeah it happens. the worst part is now back atht eh shop I can't figure out why it overheated. everythign checks out, ran hard for 30 minutes with no issues. hmm...

I hear ya Ron and most of what I assume you are talking about has already been done to the blue MR2 (the one I am driving).

I am glad there was no body damage. Our driver in teh orange civic was right behind him. In the Mayham of going off (atleast what I heard) while the mustang was in the grass the our driver in the civic checked up and nearly slid into him. But all is well. I am really impressed that your dad lasted the whole thing. It was HOT!

I was jealous of your cool suit. I have never really wanted one before last saturday.

Charles that was a good save in 9 on the last lap.
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

Actually, that looks like a very hard hit to me. Got you squirrelly. Another coupe hundred yards and it would have been a big problem.

The odd thing is he moved over to the inside to block the next two laps.

here is the link. I am not computer literate enough to get the video up. You will notice the hit on the front straight, I did not waver at all, my line and I get hit. Does not look like much but was a good hit, messed my bumper up bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZCdR0qe88
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Default nutz....

This is gotta be the same car protested at CMP??
    Same car that almost got into the paddock area from the track last year at the sic?

Scary.....

David
    30 year old ITS car