Thread: Dash bar placement , 94-01 Integra

Default Dash bar placement , 94-01 Integra

My last question-post was a huge success, returning answers that lead me to results, so i'm back!
    Building a 95 GSR ITS car from complete street duty:
    I'm up against another clarification though, and once again need y'alls help. I've been looking for some time now at photos and doing independant internet searches to try and find the optimal spot to run the dash bar inside the dashpad. I want to keep it up in the dash if possible, but most I see have removed the heater controls, etc. and that breaks IT rules. I would like to avoid the under dash version that sits below the steering column if possible. higher seems more effective, and i would love to "hide" it in the dash, but there's a ton of stuff to go through. Alternatively i have seen the brace located above the dash as well. I'm fine with drilling the piss out of it and hogging it out, i just want to know i can do it without breaking regulations. Can you please post up some photos of where you ran yours in this chassis and why? I dont want to break any rules or look like i'm trying to bend them come tech time.
    Also: can i have this bar kinked, or does it need to be completely straight according to rules? I've seen both.
    Roll cage in a mere few weeks. material and safety equipment already on the way. thanks so much!
    Last edited by shiftreader; 06-01-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: clarification

Here is how I did it on my friends old GSR RIP. Many people do not like bent dashbars but I would rather have one bent then not have one or have one that my shins could hit.

Blake Meredith

Last edited by SPiFF; 06-01-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Default sweet -

Guys - thanks alot. that's very helpful. it seems this would nicely tuck behind the gages too, probably with a little fenagling, and the ducting for the heater stuff in the center and on the sides would take a hit, but not too bad. that's fantastic.
    i have one question, spiff, it's not clear in your photo, but Blakes shows a very distinct carving into the steering column support for the bar. is this against the rules? it looks like you might have even been adding some support there. smart, but again, is it legal?
    with this configuration, it seems like slapping the dash back in with just removing meat off the back is totally possible. Like it.
    thanks, any others willing to bite?

Mine is the same as Blake's. The steering column support is notched a touch, but the bar is not attached to it, so would be legal. The dash needs minimal trimming to fit over the bar. Pretty much a perfect fit.

http://spiffracing.com/v2build/Pages/34.html

http://spiffracing.com/v2build/Pages/33.html

Thanks! this is great. i've got alot of input outside this forum too. I'll be posting designs an then pics of the finished cage. this is gret input, thanks. i'm marrying this sort of classic design with a little more funy one to improve chassis floor pan rigidity and stiffness not only in compression, but torsion as well. should be interesting.
    thanks again!

Do you have any more pics of the mounting feet for the main cage hoop and the front bars??