Thread: Unwanted race photos - VIR

Default Unwanted race photos - VIR

I just got my mail, saw that some motorsport photographer named Ken Brown sent "proofs" of me racing my Mustang at the VIR SARRC/MARRS event a few weeks ago. I never requested these, and yet he sends me a bill along w/ the pics!

This sounds like a guy named Roz who snaps SCCA regional events in the Northeast Division. Same dirty practices, and won't do business on the internet.

Anybody have any experience dealing with this Ken Brown guy???
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Yes Chris. He is a good guy and just as in the case of Roz, you are not required to pay for those pics. If you do not return them (or just keep them without paying), you will not get any more from them in the future.

Their business method may be offensive to some folks, but it is not illegal.

Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    I just got my mail, saw that some motorsport photographer named Ken Brown sent "proofs" of me racing my Mustang at the VIR SARRC/MARRS event a few weeks ago. I never requested these, and yet he sends me a bill along w/ the pics!

This sounds like a guy named Roz who snaps SCCA regional events in the Northeast Division. Same dirty practices, and won't do business on the internet.

Anybody have any experience dealing with this Ken Brown guy???
    I used to get photos from him too - I bought a few, then started sending them back; he finally quit sending them. I would guess if you sent him a note asking to not receive any future shots he would quit.

Have you seen the photos posted here by F&S Enterprises?

Btw, I stopped by to check out the car Sunday at VIR (some of my ITA friends were paddocked right across from you) you looked busy so I didn't want to bug you, but the car looks great, nice job. I hope I'll be able to be able to bring the Camaro down to play with you guys next year.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    ...Have you seen the photos posted here by F&S Enterprises?

Btw, I stopped by to check out the car Sunday at VIR (some of my ITA friends were paddocked right across from you) you looked busy so I didn't want to bug you, but the car looks great, nice job. I hope I'll be able to be able to bring the Camaro down to play with you guys next year.
    Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I remember that Sunday. I doubled up by racing both ITR and STO, and had a handful with losing two canopies due to the high winds. So it was a very busy day. I'm planning on doing the Oct. VIR regional, btw, so stop on by and say hello if you have the chance.

Nice to hear you're building an ITR Camaro. If guys like Ron Earp and I can have our way, we'd turn ITR into A Sedan-Lite.

Yeah, I saw the fandsenterprises.com pics. In fact, I even bought a CD...

Look forward to seeing everybody again at VIR in Oct. It was really fun racing with all of you. The SE has a lot of very good drivers, and many well-prepared cars.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

i haven't received and unwanted pics, yet. that roz person used to send me the bill, i think that is totally the wrong way of doing business.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

There is a fellow from Cincinnati who takes pics at Mid-Ohio. He has a website - www.jlofoto.com. Does all his business on the web, never sends unwanted photos. Look for photos of your car if you race at MO.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

I got these photos sent to me too. Great photos, but I don't like this business practice either. I have no problem blowing up the ones I like at wal-mart and sending the rest back to this guy if he sends me a self addressed stamped envelope! He will never see a dime from me though. If he were to send thumbnails and an order form I would have no problem, perhaps even placing an order. However sending unsolicited photos and a bill made me mad at first, but now I am just laughing and saying thanks for the pictures fella.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldoezr View Post
    However sending unsolicited photos and a bill made me mad at first, but now I am just laughing and saying thanks for the pictures fella.
    Roz would send a bill and then have the balls to send a "late notice"! He/she/it can go perform a physicall imposiblity un themselves!

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie