Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 91 240sx build

Hill climb is northeast of Huntsville in October
    www.crowmountainhillclimb.org

TT school is at TGPR in April.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Quote Originally Posted by cjernigan View Post
    Cooling will be the first thing addressed on the car. Reliability is going to take priority over power and other go fast parts. Now I need to figure out what ECU control I'm going to get into. I've read some about the EPROM possibilities and other aftermarket ECUs. I'm very experienced with Megasquirt and Adaptronic. I have not yet read about how open engine management is for ITS though.
    ECU is wide open in IT, but no additional sensors. The easy button is a JWT chip. If you've got experience with a custom system, then you can probably make the area under the curve better with some custom tuning on a dyno.

If you're a good driver then that may be worth, but if you're just starting out then you may want to spend your time and money on other things.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Yeah for now I'll stick with the stock ECU, mostly because I'm sticking with the stock exhaust and intake for a while so I'm not too worried about the tune.

Hopefully I'll get the parts I need this week and start daily driving the car to work out all the other little bugs it has. It needs shocks bad, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to daily drive the car with these bad boys.

Maybe I'll stumble upon someones used set for sale soon.
    '91 240sx ITS
    '99 Turbo Miata
    '99 Ford Ranger