Thread: Weber on a CVCC

Default Weber on a CVCC

Anyone have experience and/or advice on getting the 32/36 weber to work right on the 1500 cc CVCC itc motor?

Thanks!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Define "work right". In my experiences, that DGV is never going to give the driveability of the DMTR or a Honda carb, but it's going to make the best power. Yeah, it's just going to cough in most left handers, but it'll be great in a straight line. There's your trade off. For years I ran the DGV, but eventually got sick of trying every form of black voodoo magic I could think of to make the coughing go away, and now it's got the DMTR on it.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Had same problem as R2, fuel starvation on lefthanders.

If you still have the original carb, Rivergate Racing near Chattanooga can race prep it chaeper than you can buy a Weber. Owner Will Perry is an ITC racer and an expert on ITC CRXs.

Todd

Had Rivergate do a carb, worked well. Just want the increased flexibility of the weber. Would like to be able to change main jets without removing the carb to get into the float chamber...or maybe you're more flexible that I am! Also don't want to have to shave the tops on the jets to clear the float.

Guess I'm more concerned with the weber properly feeding the pre-chamber, and if that's an issue.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

I heard that King Motorsports had the 32/36 carb figured out to work on these cars. My DMTR works well except in the left handers and have never adjusted it or changed jets in 10 years after it was setup initially..

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post

Guess I'm more concerned with the weber properly feeding the pre-chamber, and if that's an issue.
    You have to orient the Weber correctly. Then tuning is easy without the stumbling.
    Chuck
    ITC Honda Civic
    Green fueled, four on the floor, all terrain mustang

Brighton, Mi. 50 west of Detroit, 20 miles north of Ann Arbor.

I thought it was just me. I have a King Prepped carb on my CRX and it just lays down in long left handers. Pulls like a freight train in a straight line though. I played with float levels all weekend to no avail. So is it possible to make the same power with a Rivergate prepped stock carb or does it make decent power without the driveability issues of the Weber?

Thanks for any and all input guys... I am new to this car.

Kristian

I know of only one adapter plate on the market for mounting a Weber 32/36 DGV to the Honda 84-87 CVCC engine. There may be others that I don't know of but I suspect they are similar. With this adapter, in my opinion, one will never be able to eliminate the stumbling in left hand turns with an IT legal carb. The problem may be minimized and worked around, but it will still be there.

I've been running a 32/36 DGV for the past 4 years with no left hand turn problems and my carb is basically box stock. To get the Weber to work, you have to start thinking outside the box--but still remain in the IT box.

The Rivergate Honda carb is hard to beat. I have one that I kept for a back up if I ran into serious problems with the Weber. I just understand the Weber better and took on the challenge of making the Weber work.
    Chuck
    ITC Honda Civic
    Green fueled, four on the floor, all terrain mustang

Ed,what if you turned the carb around? its a standard mount correct? but the fuel will end up sloshing in the opposite direction and bury the primary jet and accelerator pump pickup on turns.

What are FF guys doing inside the carbs? They make power and turn way harder than the civic i would think. Maybe something there?

Dan