Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking at the Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    Hey look at that... 2 reasonable responses!

So back to my original question: I want quality over quantity... Perhaps IT Fest and Double at WGI

So Jeremy,

Your definition of reasonable is when someone supports your POV and all other POVs are unreasonable. Dude, a mind and a parachute operate on the same principle....they must be open to work properly.

Think outside the box, it can be done ...you just don't want it. You're just not WILLING to make the sacrifices to make it work....and that's OK.

But, and it's an important but, don't insult all of us who have made the sacrifice to be dads and race, by saying our responses on how to do it with sucess are unreasonable. And don't insult the event organizers who have voluntarily sacrificed their time to run these events. Just because they don't fit your "definition" of appealing or quality doesn't mean someone didn't put a lot of effort into it. Asking someone to define a "quality" event for you is like asking someone to book a surprise perfect vacation for you. How can someone else define quality for you?????? What if you go to IT Fest and have a miserable time??? Was that quality? What if you went to NHMS and won and got to be back home on Sunday afternoon?? Was that quality???

I say sell the car and fund your son's CHET account.......you wanted to sell it before. We'll all still be here when you get back.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Hey look at that... 2 reasonable responses!
    I wasn't going to say it before but honestly....watch SpeedTv or Versus. Lots of good racing there. Nothing is wrong with not having the drive to go racing, but this has been your choice for as long as I've know you. I also agree with what Rob said in his last post.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Ditto. We gave you the possable answers and you didnt want to hear that. Sell the car and watch SPEED.
    Dan

Man, I can't believe this thread has gone to a second page!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Sell the car and watch SPEED.
    Yeah, but please don't stop paying for half of everything...

Do the Triple, dude. I'm not, and it appears I may have volunteered myself to be Chief of Tech for that event (be very skeered...)

Added bonus with renting the RV,you can not invite Greg in if you want.
    I'm seein' a throw-down comin' your way, bud...

The problem with the majority of the responses IMO is your situation is not the norm. When other's don't WANT to do what you do does not mean I should or half to hang up the suit and call it a day. All I simply said was there are no events that look interesting to ME. How did this thread get into ripping me a new one?
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    The problem with the majority of the responses IMO is your situation is not the norm. When other's don't WANT to do what you do does not mean I should or half to hang up the suit and call it a day. All I simply said was there are no events that look interesting to ME. How did this thread get into ripping me a new one?
    What makes our "situation" so differnet than yours? We have kids and want to race....am I missing something?

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

If it seems like I'm beating you up,sorry. Sarcasim dosent work on the internet. Cheer up little camper....

Man this is easy and your a good target today. Pick what is fun and do it the best you can,if that means you don't race this year,so what. Pete Smith takes bribes,errrr payments for a waiver and race next year or so. We were mearly giving you some real world advice from first hand knowledge. Sorry its not what you intended buddy.

sorry that slipped out.

What are you gonna throw down Greg? You obviously threw out the anchor saturday afternoon at the start. What else you got??

Once again sorry. this is hard to do without sarcasim.

Kinder,Genteler Dan

Kinder,Genteler Dan
    Yeah, right!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!