Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking at the Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I'm just wondering what'll happen first: Jeremy drives anything or Andy drives anywhere outside of home base...
    Says the guy with no kids and an airplane. LOL
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Just race something ,somewhere. Bring the kids and the wife,camp at the track and watch your kids terrorize all the Prod drivers. They really get nervous when the tricycles get near the 35 year old fender flares. Besides Its all about haveing fun. I ran the school saturday(sorry tGA) and had a 5 dollar muffler clamp loosen up sunday. Still had a blast and got back to what was fun.

This is coming from someone with alot of experience hateing his GT/SPO car and considering not doing it anymore.IT cars rule

Dan 77 IT7

every time I see him with that kid in his arms he's got this s**t-eatin' grin on his face,
    Having that feeling doesn't force racing to be put aside.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Guys - You are making it sound like I should only race and hate my child!

My current priority is my son. He is only 9 months old and until he gets older, can walk around easier, etc IMO its simply not worth trying to drag him to the track. Especially with the wife not excited about that idea.

Them are the breaks and YES I will drive this year, but I am looking strategically at it.
    Jeremy Billiel

Kudos to Jeremy, my build of my GSR has grinded to a halt with the 10 mo. old around, someday it will get done.

Do the Glen Jeremy - great track, easy on the equipment. Excellent place to knock off the rust - if you loop it chances are you won't hit anything. Great competition!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Where is anyone saying anything even remotely like that? You didn't race before you had a kid, you're not racing now, so what's the big deal? The only thing people here are saying is you not racing isn't just because of a child entering your life. Hey, didn't you start this post anyways?

If you actually want to race, next year will be much easier to have the boy involved or leave the wife home along with him. My wife is taking off next Fri because she knows just how much Isaac (2 yr old) will LOVE attending qualifying. Race = hate child? Don't think so dude. You choose to race or you don't; not really that tough.
    Dave Gran

Def some good suggustions here! I might take some of them and put them to use myself...

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Do the Glen Jeremy - great track, easy on the equipment. Excellent place to knock off the rust - if you loop it chances are you won't hit anything. Great competition!
    Are you forgetting where their old car was totalled!?
    Last edited by CRallo; 05-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

NO WAY engine issues with the #87 240sx? Cant be true. Youve got Kessler on retainer right? Problem solved dude.

Good luck we wish you the best with the new car,hopefully better luck than we had.

Nobody said to "hate kid,only race" I suggested both. Thats what is working for us. Everyone knows and has seen our girls running around the track as well as my brothers boys and many other children. We all know which kid is with which car and family,and pay attention to what is going on with said children. There is no larger "family" than the race track. And if anyone sees the girls can you tell me where I left them.

Dan 77 IT7

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post

My current priority is my son. He is only 9 months old and until he gets older, can walk around easier, etc IMO its simply not worth trying to drag him to the track. Especially with the wife not excited about that idea.

Them are the breaks and YES I will drive this year, but I am looking strategically at it.

You CAN have both if you WANT both.

Lawson's first race was at NJMP- HE WAS 2 WEEKS OLD. It was cold, but we did great. Now he's 19 months old and goes to every race. His brother is Isaac who 's 41/2 months old has already been to his first race. We have 2 in diapers, and they come to every race......it's doable , but ONLY if you want it to be. Jeremy I think you need to come to grips with the fact that you're not really interested in racing anymore.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    You CAN have both if you WANT both.

Lawson's first race was at NJMP- HE WAS 2 WEEKS OLD. It was cold, but we did great. Now he's 19 months old and goes to every race. His brother is Isaac who 's 41/2 months old has already been to his first race. We have 2 in diapers, and they come to every race......it's doable , but ONLY if you want it to be. Jeremy I think you need to come to grips with the fact that you're not really interested in racing anymore.

R
    Doc, your deal is a bit different than Jeremy's. YOUR wife is one of the friendliest, and most supportive women I've ever met. No knock on Jeremy's wife, at all, she's normal...LOL. Yours is out of the park.

Second, you have the motorhome and golf cart, which makes things a bit easier. Jeremy has an open trailer and tGA nagging him.

The comment about nothing to hit at the Glen raised my eyebrows, as I always hear about the 'blue menace" guardrails. Now, I don't think twice about them, but many do. As for wrecking the car, the that was the work of tGA and his take no prisoners approach...Jeremy will be in the safety of the ITB group so I'm not worried.

Sorry bud, had to...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I always consider the Glen one of the tracks with fewer wrecks - that said, when they do happen - it's usually big because it's a fast track.

PS - I did forget that Jeremy's car was Ke-Runched at the Glen
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Hey! What about our wives to. They are into racing and mine has fed you on occasion.

Sorry Jake ,had to do it.

Dan 77 IT7
    Come To NHMS Jake,We're waitin on you.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Doc, your deal is a bit different than Jeremy's. YOUR wife is one of the friendliest, and most supportive women I've ever met. No knock on Jeremy's wife, at all, she's normal...LOL. Yours is out of the park.

Second, you have the motorhome and golf cart, which makes things a bit easier. Jeremy has an open trailer and tGA nagging him.

Jake,

I agree with ALL of that!! Thank you for the kind words.

But, If it were up to me I wouldn't have a motor home....that's all part of the making it work.....it's all about the compromise for what your passionate about.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

YOUR wife is one of the friendliest, and most supportive women I've ever met. No knock on Jeremy's wife, at all, she's normal...LOL. Yours is out of the park.
    Rob, hopefully you've also made a mental note not to leave your poor wife alone with Jake.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Rob, hopefully you've also made a mental note not to leave your poor wife alone with Jake.
    Or me. But he already knows that. That is why they bring Snots to the track. LOL.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    he has NOTHING to worry about. His wife is smart.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Hey! What about our wives to. They are into racing and mine has fed you on occasion.

Sorry Jake ,had to do it.

Dan 77 IT7
    Come To NHMS Jake,We're waitin on you.
    True that! Sorry to sleight you...but your wife grew up with you know who as a Dad...I doubt Doc Bros did! And certainly Jeremy's wife is new to it as well. I was just trying to defend Jeremy a BIT, LOL. What's happened to me!??
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

LOL... You guys crack me up!!! And Jake how dare you bring rational thoughts into this conversation.

If you want me to admit that I am not willing to buy an RV, golf cart, etc to race than yes I admit it.

While I appreciate your thought Rob, your situation is a "little" different. If my wife had admenities it would sure be easier!

Do I want to race? Yup!
    Do I like to race? Yup!
    Do I want to mortgage my future for racing? Nope!

So I am looking for events that make sense for me.
    Jeremy Billiel

How about focusing on Enduros? lots of seat time, fewer events, more 'special' occasions for you and the fam -longer events typically mean someone has an RV, or you could rent an RV for the weekend....
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)