Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at the Schedule

Default Looking at the Schedule

Now that the car is back up and operational I am looking at the calendar and is it just me or are there no events that stick and say I have to attend this one?
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    Now that the car is back up and operational I am looking at the calendar and is it just me or are there no events that stick and say I have to attend this one?
    How are we supposed to answer that when we have no idea what you goals are?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

You and Amy need to be at VIR next weekend.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    You and Amy need to be at VIR next weekend.
    I was actually looking at the VIR schedule since this track is on my "must drive before I die list".
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    How are we supposed to answer that when we have no idea what you goals are?
    I don't care about any champrioship anything. I am looking for the most amount of track time at tracks that are good/cool and going to new tracks are a plus.

The Triple June 5th will be a ton of time, but I am growing bored of the track. WGI double national would be much better if Pro IT were there that weekend as well.

I may have to just rent a ride for the VIR 13 hour and perhaps make it out to IT Fest.
    Jeremy Billiel

VIR SAARC MARS has 20 ITS cars signed up. Bring it on down!

I don't care about any champrioship anything. I am looking for the most amount of track time at tracks that are good/cool and going to new tracks are a plus.

The Triple June 5th will be a ton of time, but I am growing bored of the track. WGI double national would be much better if Pro IT were there that weekend as well.

I may have to just rent a ride for the VIR 13 hour and perhaps make it out to IT Fest.
    Don't you actually have to race to grow bored of any track? LOL Other than the lack of Pocono race, which you would have missed anyway, this years available tracks/races is really no different than any other year.
    Andy Bettencourt

Don't you actually have to race to grow bored of any track? LOL Other than the lack of Pocono race, which you would have missed anyway, this years available tracks/races is really no different than any other year.
    Yup and thats the issue... There are no dates sticking out at me. No additional things to pull me to an event. Just the same olde...
    Jeremy Billiel

Yup and thats the issue... There are no dates sticking out at me. No additional things to pull me to an event. Just the same olde...
    Sounds like you just ain't a racer. At this point in your 'career' most people are chomping at the bit to race anywhere, anytime against anyone.

Do the NHMS Triple and go from there.
    Andy Bettencourt

Yup Family is now the priority and I am no longer interesting in just driving rather looking for events that are so "good" that I would pass up time with the family to go to.
    Jeremy Billiel

Sounds like you just ain't a racer. At this point in your 'career' most people are chomping at the bit to race anywhere, anytime against anyone.
    Why race when you can get on the interwebz, bench race, and complain about your racing class?

Then the Doubles at WGI would seem to be a great choice.
    Andy Bettencourt

Ahh.... The double at the Glen is a long, long haul, but it one that am hoping to do if the job front comes around. That woudl be pretty sweet!
    Brad
    1995 Mazda Miata (aka Black Betty)

Well, since you mastered the NHMS, get the car in the trailer and head to the Glen for the double. Leave the rig there, and then return, pick it up and do the IT fest at Mid Ohio. Then the Narrc Runoffs, always challenging, no easy trophy, . Then drive it to VIR in OCt for the Goblins Go, ...TONS of track time...(so much you can't do it ALL) and lots of ITS and ITA comp. Then leave the rig, pick up a $79 flight home and return two weeks later and make the short drive to Atlanta for the ARRC.
    Rinse, repeat.

Great tracks, great competition, the real deal. You'll have done the two pemier IT events in teh country, and you'll have driven on the 3 best tracks on the east coast.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Why race when you can get on the interwebz, bench race, and complain about your racing class?
    WIN. roflmao

Or just go attend a few events to watch Greg race?

Family can be the number one priority and a person can still be able to race. It's not a bad thing to have some away time for parents and it'll reenergize you. Or better yet, have the family come to events with you (much easier once he's a little older than 2).

Labor Day event at Summit Point. TONS of track time, quite a bit catered to family stuff and kids. Melissa, Isaac and a few others will be heading off to D.C. during practice day. Wait, on second thought maybe I shouldn't have your wife give Melissa any bad ideas.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I second the Glen and Summit suggestions. Sometimes you need to back off a bit to recharge yourself, just pick one or two fun events to do, new track, doubles, enduros, that sort of thing. You'll probably feel the racing gremlin rearing it's head again before too long and will be looking to do more.
    Despite the interwebz chatter, almost none of us at this level of racing are truly pro or going pro, so there's no shame in making family or other events priority.
    It's supposed to be fun, right?
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by ulfelder View Post
    WIN. roflmao
    I could take the ITA miata approach to the situation....

If you don't believe me build it and prove me wrong.
    Jeremy Billiel

I could take the ITA miata approach to the situation....

If you don't believe me build it and prove me wrong.
    You are killing us. Really. You guys haven't given it a real shot yet. We all know it. You know it. So stop whining about the car and the tracks and the events and get out on track and race. We don't care where or when, just do what you can within your fiscal and timing constraints. Enjoy what you can have. Cripes, you just rebuilt the car from the ground up, so you chose this car - TWICE.

Just go and try and have fun. If nothing jumps out at you, don't do anything.
    Andy Bettencourt

I'm just wondering what'll happen first: Jeremy drives anything or Andy drives anywhere outside of home base...

Jeremy ain't racin'; every time I see him with that kid in his arms he's got this s**t-eatin' grin on his face, and whenever I *do* get him to help on the car he's always worried about getting home...