Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TeamDI.com Pro IT Race - NJM P - June 5-6

Dennis

Does anyone know what time registration will be open Sunday morning?
    Registration opens on Sunday morning at 7:30 AM

Joe

does any one know if Bill E. will be availible to do an annual tech on my beast for sun days race?
    Tech is scheduled to open on Sunday morning at 8:00 AM. It will probably be available a few minutes earlier if you hit Registration at 7:30 AM

The TeamDI.com Pro IT qualifying will start around 9:00 AM.

See ya at NJMP

Terry

Thank you Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Dennis

Registration opens on Sunday morning at 7:30 AM

Joe

Tech is scheduled to open on Sunday morning at 8:00 AM. It will probably be available a few minutes earlier if you hit Registration at 7:30 AM

The TeamDI.com Pro IT qualifying will start around 9:00 AM.

See ya at NJMP

Terry
    Thanks terry.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Results

ITR
    1) Rick Breault #36 BMW 325i (overall winner)
    2) Ben Phillips #33 Porsche 968 (3rd overall)
    3) Fred Fox #59 BMW 325i

ITS

1) Rob Driscoll #25 BMW 323i (2nd overall)
    2) Jeff Henderson #23 BMW 323i
    3) John Hainsworth #95 Mazda RX7

ITA
    1) Marc Cefalo #00 Mazda Miata
    2) Joseph Deminno #01 Nissan Sentra SE-R

SM
    1) Nick Leverone #89
    2) Dennis Valet #91
    3) Zack Skolnick #88

ITB
    1) Chris Schmidt #87 VW GTI

Last edited by Dennis Valet; 08-11-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Great race this last weekend. Doc Bro and I battled hard - made some serious high speed contact and railed up our cars a bit but we both just laughed and looked at the damage and congratulated each other.

Doc came out of nowhere - I led all the laps but the last two. Doc got a huge run onto the front straight and got by me. We came around and got the 1 to go and I went for an inside pass at T1 and Doc drove me down to the inside and held me off just as I would have done to him. At the high speed kink on the back straight I got a huge run and Doc got held up by a lapper. I went flat out through the corner - I think at one point we were three wide - Doc and I made some contact. He got turned sideways and I didn't lift and that luckily straightened out his car but I did drive over his fender a bit and took back P1.

Then under pressure going into the Jersey Devil right hander (the tight carousel) I went in a little hot knowing Doc was right on me and slid wide and ran through the grass, giving up P1 to Doc and second overall to Rob Driscoll. I knew I had to go in hard cause that man was looking for a shot at me :-)

Finished OK - some repairable damage. The coolest thing is Doc and I just gave each other an atta boy - no hard feelings - he drove an outstanding race to come from something like 7th to get me at the very end - last corner just about.

I've got video of the whole race - the file is huge so I'll try to post the last two laps - great day! Congrats to everybody and thanks to Bob Zecca, Darrel Anthony, Terry Hanushek and all the folks who volunteer to put on the events!

And we had hot bikini model for the trophy time!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    ..... Doc Bro and I battled hard - made some serious high speed contact and railed up our cars a bit...... I led all the laps but the last two. Doc got a huge run onto the front straight and got by me. We came around and got the 1 to go and I went for an inside pass at T1 and Doc drove me down to the inside and held me off just as I would have done to him. At the high speed kink on the back straight I got a huge run and Doc got held up by a lapper. I went flat out through the corner - I think at one point we were three wide - Doc and I made some contact. He got turned sideways and I didn't lift and that luckily straightened out his car but I did drive over his fender a bit and took back P1.

Then under pressure going into the Jersey Devil right hander (the tight carousel) I went in a little hot knowing Doc was right on me and slid wide and ran through the grass, giving up P1 to Doc and second overall to Rob Driscoll. I knew I had to go in hard cause that man was looking for a shot at me :-)

I've got video of the whole race - the file is huge so I'll try to post the last two laps - ......
    Yes, sounds like an awesome slugfest..post the laps of the good Doctor and you roughing each other up....and forget the laps you were leading, those are boring... (Sorry, had to!)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Great race....bla bla bla....And we had hot bikini model for the trophy time!
    :026:
    TTIWWOP!!!!!
    :026:

(I hate to think what Bob had to pay some chick so she'd stand around YOU guys in a bikini. Was Dimino there? )
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Joe was there - I gave him crap over jamming me up onto the front straight - had to nail the brakes and Doc bro screamed by me - I told him I'd return the favor some day when I wasn't racing anybody for position :-)

What is TTIWOP???
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Oh, Ben, I thought you weren't that old.... sigh....
    This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Here you go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fred Fox
    E36 325iS
    #56 ITR

Hmm I do believe I have that very Checkered Flag in My garage. If Ed Zebroski thinks he is getting it returned to him.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Fred comes through...! Check out what Dr. Bro's kids looking at. chip off the old block?
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Fred comes through...! Check out what Dr. Bro's kids looking at. chip off the old block?

No, NO, NO!!! If he were a chip off the block he'd be wearing glasses!!! These kids today......

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Joe was there - I gave him crap over jamming me up onto the front straight - had to nail the brakes and Doc bro screamed by me - I told him I'd return the favor some day when I wasn't racing anybody for position :-)

What is TTIWOP???
    Yeah I felt bad about that for about a lap until you got P1 back on the last lap. Then you drove off the track and my feelings now are DUMB ASS! Love ya ben
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Sounds like a great race guys!! I'm recovering nicely from my procedure and should be good to go from now on. Hope to see you all at the next race. Musta been pretty warm there for the bikini to come out! Heard there was some overheating issues going on too. On the track not the podium!!
    Rob Nimkoff
    #20 BMW ITR

Here is my on-board: http://vimeo.com/12414108

Rooke and Henderson both missed shifts at the start, which took me by surprise. The last 10 minutes are missing from my video which is unfortunate because I was reeling in Henderson for the last few laps. We went 4 wide at the checkered flag with lap traffic...really wish I had that.

Many cars had overheating problems and dropped out. Great race though! I was just happy to be up front racing with the big dogs for the first 25 minutes until we caught lap traffic. I need to be more assertive in those situations or I get left behind. It's a real pleasure to be out there competing with such quality drivers.

Another podium pic is attached - we were all a bit distracted. I forgot to put the sleeves of my drivers suit back on...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net

Can someone tell me here or via PM about the DQ in the ProIT race for violation of ITCS 9.1.3--since 9.1.3 is pretty much the entire ITCS (minus the spec lines).

Danke.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    Yeah I felt bad about that for about a lap until you got P1 back on the last lap. Then you drove off the track and my feelings now are DUMB ASS! Love ya ben

No worries Crazy Joe - it didn't matter - driving off the track on the last lap - that is a TOTAL dumbass move!

Here's the last two laps - the most exciting parts. I'm still pissed at myself.
    The moment I ran wide into the marbles the car just pushed right off. Video quality and camera location aren't that great - I will relocate the camera next race. Try viewing in full screen mode and its a little better.

Doc - keen to see your video

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7622094/20232616
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Gregg

Can someone tell me here or via PM about the DQ in the ProIT race for violation of ITCS 9.1.3--since 9.1.3 is pretty much the entire ITCS (minus the spec lines).
    The citation was intended to include the car specification line in ITCS 9.1.3. The car in question was significantly underweight. I had asked that the word 'Weight' be included in the announcement but it got overlooked in the publication of the final results.

Terry