Thread: OVR Restricted Regional - May 22-23

Default OVR Restricted Regional - May 22-23

So, Who's going to be there in ITA?? It'll be my first time back to Mid-O in almost 3 years...

Matt - any word on the Friday PDX? I'd like to maximize track time for this weekend, to shake out the (very thick) cobwebs...

Best Regards,

Steve Sancricca
    #27 ITA CRX

Hey Steve, great to hear you'll be making it out! I'll be there, but in my FP Integra.

In ITA, the last time I talked with Joe Moser, he and his Dad were planning on being there. I don't know about anyone else.

As for Friday, there is no PDX for this event. There is however the Mid Ohio School Open Testing & Tuning Full Day during the day ($400 for ~4 30 minute sessions) and the Open Testing & Tuning Twilight during the evening ($195 for ~3 20 minute sessions). I'll be doing the Friday Full Day, and probably coaching the Twilight. I've ran the Twilight several times and love it. Not too expensive and starts around 5pm, so you don't have to be there all day and it's a great way to get a couple of quick sessions to knock off the rust, break in some tires or brakes, and just get the hang of it again.
    Last edited by R2 Racing; 05-01-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Hey Kevin,

Awesome, I was hoping to see you there! The twilight test/tune sounds perfect. I'll probably get there early Friday afternoon to get set up. You guys still park on the hill?

The Great Lakes Division website still has the OVR PDX listed for May 21, but there is no mention of it on the OVR website...

Steve Sancricca
    #27 ITA CRX

No, I usually don't park up on the hill anymore. Started liking the pavement a bit too much.

There is absolutely no PDX on May 21st. It just wouldn't make sense to do that before a National event. I actually just got an email from the Mid-Ohio School, and if you're racing that weekend during the OVR National, you can sign up for the Friday evening Twilight Test & Tune at a reduced price of just $150. Just go to the Mid Ohio School website, sign up for the May 21st Twilight Test & Tune and enter the promo code "OVRMay10" to get the reduced price. Plus, and what I've done in the past, you can walk right up on Friday and register right there at the track if you want. Just say the promo code to the lady and you'll even get the reduced price, while getting to wait and see what the weather looks like before commiting to run.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX