Some of you may remember me, I've been posting here since I was like fourteen.

Anyway, a few weeks back I bought my first race car. I use to have an ITC Civic I built way back when that wasn't ever completely finished, but this popped up and I bought it.

It's a 97 Dodge Neon ACR. It had been a SSC car all its life including racing in the Neon Charity Challenge.

I sold an MR2 I had on a Sunday and bought this the next day on my lunch break from a guy at Skip Barber at Road Atlanta.

I LOVE it and feel like I won something because I finally have an already built car. lol

Anyway, I want to convert it to an IT car BUT somethings have been done not IT legal to my understanding. First it has aftermarket engine mounts. Injectors are also different than stock (from an Intrepid). I think those are my two biggest concerns. I know I wouldn't be winning but I want a legal car.

Also the cage, it is a bolt in, I have to add extra door bars. I haven't read the GCR since last year, is bolt in still ok? Do people ever weld a bolt in cage to the car?

Mechanically the car is great, it handles amazingly well, it has a Sparco seat, Simpson harness, it's all wired for a radio with push to talk button, etc.

I'd really like to run some enduros with it as that has always been a huge passion of mine. Any input?

A few photos: