Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
I have just picked up a DL1 with Dash3; have also used Trackmate in the past, and have used AIM systems for a good 5+ years now as well.

The RaceTech stuff is definitely more advanced; that's why I went to it. The system will ultimately be going into my DSR, and be used for engine and chassis development. I need CAN and multiple input capabilities for that - shocks, engine data, etc.

GPS capability upgrade was another big reason to migrate from the AIM stuff (available there but quite expensive).

The Trackmate seems like a much simpler system - in a good way. Much better suited it seems for a less-experienced user to get up and running, start logging data, and make improvements. But it does seem less suitable for use as a comprehensive dash as well, as it seems you've noted. It's more of a standalone driver development tool only, it would seem.

From your comments, it sounds like you want a bunch of inputs... but not a dash. What then are you trying to do, exactly?
Not exactly Vaughn, AIM has stuff that is more economical than an MXL with GPS module

EVO4 system is 1199 and has GPS and CAN included, 1399 if you want a display. Same general price point as everyone else.

Echo what Jeremy said. Play with the software of the systems you're looking at. All of them have their quirks, annoying bits along with useful parts that mesh well with individual users.

I've used a bunch of them and have likes and dislikes for eachone. The Traqmate is the easiest one I've dealt with in regards to learning curve. The rest are equally less steep IMO but not too bad really. You really just need to spend the time to get comfortable with them.