Thread: High altitude adjustment

Default High altitude adjustment

I've been considering a trip to Pueblo Motorsports Park in July. I've got family in Pueblo and figured I'd include a race weekend in the family get together. So far I've only raced at lower altitude midwest tracks. With PMP being almost 5000 feet, what adjustments, if any, do I need to make? I drive a 1st gen IT prepped Rx7.
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing

Since you're using a MAP-fed ECU, the ECU will adju....hmmmm, never mind....

You're probably gonna run rich, but short of spending some time on the dyno to re-jet you may be SOL. Do you have an AFR installed? If so, you could play with some smaller main jets between sessions to try and lean it out.

Think "Lean"

You will be fine with the jetting you have. I race a Spec 7 and we are not allowed to change the jetting.
    When you are out here stop by and say hi. I will be driving the #73 Spec 7 and my dad drives #28 ITA RX7.
    Matt

Thanks for all the input. I think I'll see how it goes before changing anything. If need be, I'll be prepared with some smaller jets.

Matt, I will definitely look you guys up. What kind of numbers do you guys usually have in the IT group?
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing

Unfortunately our car counts have been down lately. We are currently getting 2-4 ITA cars. We are seeing 10 – 15 in the small bore group.

Well it looks like the budget and the kids schedules aren't going to let me go this year. But Im hoping to make it next year. Of course I've been saying that for a few years now.
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing