The weather was kind of hit or miss both days, but it was, roughly, wet in the morning qualifying and dry in the afternoon for the races, although the ITR/S/A/7 race Saturday had a few drops of rain. Kip Van Steenburg won handily both days overall in his ITR 944. On Saturday, Andrew Charbonneau started at the back and came flying through the field and was chasing Jason Owenby for the ITS win (both in Miatas). I got a good look since they lapped me on the final lap, and thought Owenby held him off, but the provisional results said Charbonneau came out on top. Maybe I need to have my eyes checked. Chuck Baader won ITA and was 4th OA ahead of Chuck Hines(ITS) and Mike Van Steenburg(ITA). The rest of the top 10 were McCandless, Karably and Earp. Gary Wilson started 8 places in front of me and I never was able to make it up, so he got IT7.

Sunday's race had a smaller field, plus a fair amount of mechanical issues with Owenby, Karably and McCandless all pulling off on track with major problems. Kip won ITR again. Baader again lead most of the way in ITA, but Mike got by him on the next to last lap and took the win. Chuck was next and took ITS. I believe Charles Perry and Michael Lacombe got the next two spots in ITS, but that's only from memory (which is no better than my eyesight). I would have started 10 spots ahead of Gary who blew a tire on his first Q lap, but I got nailed for sound (105 db, allegedly!) and started last instead. But I still lead the first few laps after Gary missed shift on the start. Then I got a bad run off the last turn and he got by. I stayed close, but ended a couple seconds back. On to VIR!

Jay Marlowe won ITB handily on Saturday, especially after a full course yellow trapped all the other IT cars a lap down. Will Perry also had a fairly easy win in ITC. On Sunday, Jay must have had some problems as he couldn't shake Perry and Michael Ulbrik in a very nice looking ITB MR2. Midway through they both passed Marlowe and left him behind, with Perry coming out first of the ITs and Ulbrik winning ITB.

The Saturday SM race was shortened by a black flag all, caused by an SM going wide off the last turn, then arcing back across to drill another SM and Jim Orr's SS Mini into the pit straight wall. The Mini and one of the SMs looked like writeoffs. Then after the restart, another SM got clipped and turned into the pit wall, then rolled a few times, ending up right in front of the tower on its roof. This became the first SCCA race I've actually seen stopped by a RED flag, followed shortly after by the checker. No apparent injuries in either episode, thankfully. There was a special driver's meeting for the SMs on Sunday morning and I heard the riot act was read. Seemed to work as I don't think there was even the usual carnage on Sunday.