IF the group gets extra track time, like 40 minutes, I'd hate for it to be all one race. likely boring for many. So, I'd want two 12 lap (or whatever) raes. Winner crosses finish line, gets checker, slows way down. Pace car rolls and picks him up. Cars fill in as they finish. Pace car leads them though NASCAR 3/4, pulls off at Pit IN, two by two formation in NASCAR 4, second race starts. No between race cleanup, if you spin/crash/stall, whatever and can't restart, you lose, that's life.

Issues are significant, but workable. Idiot drivers don't form up right. Drivers meeting, clear instructions (it's not THAT hard, we do it every time we race anyway) should solve that. tires are already hot, so no weaving needed, just get in your spot.. Lapped cars. Without stopping and regridding, it will be impossible to get them to the back. So what. let them get a bonus. It will add an interesting dimension to the opening laps. (This aspect won't be popular among the rote thinkers). The moving of pylons to open/close NASCAR 3/4. Not that hard, the pace car knows where to go so it's really only having the flaggers move 2 or 3 cones, pretty easy.

Benefit, closer racing, more fun. Heck award just one trophy for all I care.

OR, if the whole gridding /lap car issue is too annoying to some, bring the group back later in the day. But that wastes time in grid, 5 minute warning, track clean up, etc.

Essentially, this is a mid race double yellow, but the formation goes from single file to two by two with a legit start.