Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TeamDI.com Pro IT Race - Lime Rock - May 15

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Andy! Cut it out with the Miata-hating/bashing...!!!!

Except I am serious! The organizers have to follow the money, right? We have 5 IT classes and they bring more cars? Embarrassing.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    So the event is here. The event that I hope the organizers have a plan in place to make sure the IT guys get a crack before National guys double dipping. After all, SM and SSM were included to suppliment the IT entries in the original concept.

Maybe we should change it to the Pro Spec Miata Series and us IT guys get to fill in. LOL. Maybe someone from the NJRB can weigh in with the plan/policy.

OMG!!! I sorta agree with Andy. The end must be near. Good thing Cefalo called me and told me reg was open. I would have been really pissed. SM cars and National double dippers 20 cars. what were all the IT guys waiting till last minute? Please tell me we are gonna have a split start.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Except I am serious! The organizers have to follow the money, right? We have 5 IT classes and they bring more cars? Embarrassing.
    I just think it's funny as hell: you're finally starting to see the trend that the rest of us have been pointing out for the last several years... We were laughing at the NHMS National that Jerry Rigoli in his '01 SSB Miata could have run five groups that weekend.

On the one hand, Miatas are finally getting to the point where they can prove to the world that they are the saviors of Club Racing; after all, take away Pro-IT, the "all Miata" group, and STU, and how many entries would there be for the LRP National? Twelve? How much would each entry have to cost to make it financially "even"? A ridiculous amount, I'd suggest.

On the other hand, it's getting to the point that Miatae are quickly becoming a barrier to entry for other classes. People like Tim above are having to scramble simply in order to get entry into the events! When you add in low-cost groups to get the entries up, well, you're gonna get the entries up; since Miatae are probably the most profligate make/model in Club Racing today, they're going to fill those low-cost fields pretty quickly.

It's a double-edged sword, good for the region(s), bad for Non-Miatae competitors. But, in the end, as long as the supply of M1s doesn't run out and we're all able to compete, is it so bad that we all get "assimilated"?

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. I can see and have seen everything you see. The difference is that I don't (and never did) see it as a bad thing. You guys are the ones who are coming around from 'damn Miata's' to 'wow, without them we have no event'. My only dissappointment is that we don't have MORE IT participation in a series that was designed for them.

I think YOU are finally coming to grips with the fact that the Miata's are the savior they HAVE BEEN for the past 2-3 years. Right? This event just happens to be obvious.

Miata's aren't the barrier to entry, the rules are. I have said this over and over, from the very FIRST Pro IT race at a National, the organizers needed to have a plan in place for when National SM drivers used that race for extra track time and limit entries for the types of cars that the series was intended for.

Suggestions:

1. First come first served for ITx, SM and SSM.
    2. Wait-list any SM that is also registered for the National (of which there are 8 right now) and fill them in on a first come basis if IT can't pull it's weight

If you want to go full-on first-come first-served...change the name! Maybe the Series has morphed given who actually enters and I have ZERO problems with that. The Pro IT website doesn't really tell what the series is all about, just who is eligible so this may all be moot!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

i think they should combine more of the national groups and give us even more qual. time. we're bringing more cars just for one group the way it stands now!
    As long the national entry fee were reduced and regional fee increased, have at it! Cause that one 22.5 minute qualifying session on Friday is so appealing to me. LOL If the same people race SSC in the national and regional event (a whooping 0 thus far), I'd rather do the regional all things considered.

Interesting dilemma with all of the Miata cars mixed in the "IT group".
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Tell you what - I'm looking forward to seeing a nice battle with some top ITA cars - Greg, you got to get something to drive and keep yer buttt oughta tech :-)

Rob T and Rob N - way to get the cars put back together - Autotechnic needs to thank you by providing trackside catering and message services.

Marc - keen to see what you got for ITR? Who's car? I'm guessing another S2000...

Is there a IT legal Miata catcher I can weld on ?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post

Is there a IT legal Miata catcher I can weld on ?
    Thant's hilarious!!
    R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    OMG!!! I sorta agree with Andy. The end must be near. Good thing Cefalo called me and told me reg was open. I would have been really pissed. SM cars and National double dippers 20 cars. what were all the IT guys waiting till last minute? Please tell me we are gonna have a split start.
    HOLY CRAP!!! Joe is alive!?
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post

Marc - keen to see what you got for ITR? Who's car? I'm guessing another S2000...
    Speaking of which ... I registered for ITS as a place-holder, but if all goes well, we'll unveil my S2000 at this race. Fingers crossed.

Steve

Go Steve U! Hope you can unveil that badass race car.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

A few shots to wet your whistle. Nick and I had a pow-wow today to discuss the last little bits that need to be ordered, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We're just finishing up our ITB Golf build and should be ready for the Test/Tune at LRP on the 11th. Once my buddy gets back and gives me the transponder number, I'll be registering for the Pro-IT race on Monday. Hoping to do the rest of the season
    Ryan Hall

Just Boss It
    #03 Mini Cooper B-Spec
    Indian Summer Racing/Advanced Monograms
    SolidSkills.Net

(I AM NOT A OFFICIAL though from what I can read and see...)

Both the restricted regional and Pro-IT races are full based on the online reg system. You will want to reg for waitlisted status...
    Last edited by mossaidis; 04-23-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

The entry is 42, this is the limit for LRP with the 10% waiver (38 + 4).
    You will be added to the wait list.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

how come theres no ITS in the regional?
    Drew

The regional was advertised as a $210 SM challenge, not as a "restricted regional" (read between the lines...) and reg list is proof of that - 27 out of the 38 cars are SM/SSM. I would love to add one more ITA entry but that's not possible...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Just curious, how many IT guys are on the wait list for the regional? I know I am.

Well I am locked out and really disappointed as this will be my first chance to get out this year. Excuse me if this is a stupid question but what do I have to change on my ITA prepared Miata to run STU? Would this be possible?
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    The regional was advertised as a $210 SM challenge, not as a "restricted regional" (read between the lines...) and reg list is proof of that - 27 out of the 38 cars are SM/SSM. I would love to add one more ITA entry but that's not possible...
    ah i had read it as a restricted regional. I was all excited to run this race. bummer.
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by jimalley View Post
    ...what do I have to change on my ITA prepared Miata to run STU?
    The three class letters on the side of the car. Oh, and a larger check.