Thread: TeamDI.com Pro IT Race - Lime Rock - May 15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No racing on Friday, but we can qual.that makes no sense. cars are just as loud whether in Qual or race session. Can we crash on friday? or is that only allowed on Saturday.
    LRP rules are such a hassle it should be cheaper to race there. Other then the Pancakes I would not miss LRP if the dates went to another track.... Monticello would be nice. the full 4 mile track is a real pleasure to race on.
    Kevin Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by kevin22 View Post
    No racing on Friday, but we can qual.that makes no sense. cars are just as loud whether in Qual or race session. Can we crash on friday? or is that only allowed on Saturday.
    LRP rules are such a hassle it should be cheaper to race there. Other then the Pancakes I would not miss LRP if the dates went to another track.... Monticello would be nice. the full 4 mile track is a real pleasure to race on.
    really? I thought it was a club track with no racing?

yes, the rules at LRP are nonsensical in some views. Late starts, early finishes, no "racing' on anything but Sat, and a short track. Not to mention the highest rates per mile of any track in the country, which is why NER is working so hard to have another track in the area with a degree of control.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jerry, good of you to ask. Personally, I would rather race more often then for longer. So Andy's idea is my choice. Qualify Fri AM, Qualify race on Fri afternoon, then 2 races Sat. They don't have to be long. Spectators like the starts.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Make it a true restricted regional, and no Pro IT. Short qual., and relatively short races.

Another idea. NO typical qualifying session. Draw starting positions from a hat, and make it a qualifying race where total average lap time decides starting position for the afternoon race. Maybe start groups with each others respective classes. Meaning, all ITS cars would be put in front of all ITB cars. Similar with other groups.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

The big issue with two sets of races is lost/down time between races.
    Timing and Scoring, track clean up and grid need time, in most cases 3-5 minutes.
    With 8 run groups that's about 30-35 minutes lost, now add lunch and a shorter day.
    How long can the races be? 12+/- laps or 15 minutes?
    Would racers be happy/satisfied?
    What kind of effect does Friday qualifing have on guys who can't get the day off?
    Will they still come? Would the first race be the qualifier for the second?
    Jerry
    NER South

I personally have a tough time justifying taking a Friday off for a 20 min qual session (ala this National event). Have been tempted to start a the back in a Sat race if given the okay.

The big issue with two sets of races is lost/down time between races.
    I think Jake mentioned this general idea already but checkered flag thrown, "cool down lap 1" happens as everyone finishes, pace car picks up leaders and begins start. Or do a black flag all, and get everyone going quickly after regrouped in pit lane. No change over needed.

With there still being quite a few events, regions should give a few unique events a go. Even if you did a longer race, do some different stuff. Sometime during the event, you must do a stop and go in pit lane.

Just ideas....
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

So lets give everyone enough track time Friday to justify a day off.

Morning qualifier and afternoon qualifier for 2 Sat races.

No checkered flag laps. Safety cars out on the cool down. No wasted time. Pace car out asap. 15 lap races. Combine classes as neccessary to get to 7 groups.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967