Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TeamDI.com Pro IT Race - Lime Rock - May 15

^^ yup, the same price as FD or two tires...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Register anyway. Maybe they will open up those 8 spots that are double dippers. I registered for the 3 events but will probably only do 2. Since Ben Phillips will be holding me up in the Pro IT race I may do the National and the restricted regional. I want some clear track to show Cefalo my tail lights.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    (I AM NOT A OFFICIAL though from what I can read and see...)

Both the restricted regional and Pro-IT races are full based on the online reg system. You will want to reg for waitlisted status...
    Last year online we chated about a waiting list but at the track they followed the Pro-it series rules which describe a qualification procedure. Just because your currently "in" does not actually imply you really are... you will most likely have to qualify to race like we did last year.

Stephen

I bet if some of the national drivers knew they were putting some Pro IT guys out of a race they might bow out....sorta a hint to make a few emails to these guys and gals... I know Eric King and Greg Simpson are also out of the race right now....

I can't wait to see if Andy could qualify on Pole for the Pro IT - but the joy of smoking him a country mile on the start might not be mine...c'mon Andy - you gotta run Pro IT bro - that's where it's at. But the real race is you and Marc C! Greg - you just gotta run these ITA guys. Where is Tom in the CRX? He was fast in the past...

Now you put Andy, Marc, Nick, Gregorian, Payson, Joe, Greg all in ITA Miatas - that'll sell some tickets at the gate :-) Shit - I'd have to buy a Miata to get in that race....or disguise the Boxster

Everybody in grid should be telling each other to pay the frig attention in this race - eyes up and think about how many laps you've made this year so far before you go into turn 1 in fifth...
    Last edited by benspeed; 04-24-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post

ere is Tom in the CRX? He was fast in the past...

Now you put Andy, Marc, Nick, Gregorian, Payson, Joe, Greg all in ITA Miatas - that'll sell some tickets at the gate :-)

Ben you write the check and I'm in.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Everybody in grid should be telling each other to pay the frig attention in this race - eyes up and think about how many laps you've made this year so far before you go into turn 1 in fifth...
    Advice from Ben Phillips on taking it easy on a start? Now I've seen everything ...

Quote Originally Posted by ulfelder View Post
    Advice from Ben Phillips on taking it easy on a start? Now I've seen everything ...

Yup, I remember back a few years when Ben's idea of a clean pass was making it by without wrecking the other guy!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

So top 42 in qualifying get in? Thats going to be a fun weekend
    Ryan Hall

Just Boss It
    #03 Mini Cooper B-Spec
    Indian Summer Racing/Advanced Monograms
    SolidSkills.Net

Marc and I will be racing in the restricted regional for sure!
    Andy Bettencourt

you gotta run Pro IT bro - that's where it's at. But the real race is you and Marc C! Greg - you just gotta run these ITA guys. Where is Tom in the CRX? He was fast in the past...

Now you put Andy, Marc, Nick, Gregorian, Payson, Joe, Greg all in ITA Miatas - that'll sell some tickets at the gate :-)
    Don't forget Hawthorne in the CRX....

As of today we have 42 entered with a waitlist. We will have 42 cars take to the track for qualifying. We will have a 15 minute qualifying session (if things are clean we may get more time) before lunch.

We will have the last race of Saturday that will be 45 minutes or till 5:55 race.

We will hand out NHMS prize checks, NHMS ITR trophies and LRP trophies after the event at the winners stand.

We will publish the waitlist process in the coming days. If you entered the Pro IT and know you will NOT be driving please withdraw so someone on the waitlist can get in.

Going to be a great race! Wish I could join in the fun as well.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Out for the National. In for the Regional and Pro IT. I guess it's simply first come, first served. It's a 'Pro race'. Maybe make us qualify to get in.

The math is tough but you take the pole-sitters in each of the 7 classes and you fill the field with the 35 closest cars to the pole in their respective class. Give the guys who don't make it half their money back...
    Andy Bettencourt

Banzai Ben is ready for LRP - lemme tell ya - winning and then getting moved to last has put the psycho back in me again...

Coming up early Friday - getting my new tires and handing out free beer to my competitors whilst drinking club soda...free tequila shooters for any ITR drivers.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Maybe make us qualify to get in.
    It's still Club Racing even with the "Pro" name. People make financial and time sacrifices to attend these races and they should know going into if if they'll be racing or not. It should be first come first served.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

As a outsider, I like AB's idea best.

If you were driving 5 or 6 hours to the event and were a mid to back of the pack driver, would you then still? Just like I wouldn't want the ARRC to be that way or any other SCCA Club event.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

If the National is light on competitors is there any chance they would combine a few groups and make room for a second Pro-IT group?
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Default TeamDI Pro IT Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon
    As of today we have 42 entered with a waitlist. We will have 42 cars take to the track for qualifying. We will have a 15 minute qualifying session (if things are clean we may get more time) before lunch.

We will publish the waitlist process in the coming days. If you entered the Pro IT and know you will NOT be driving please withdraw so someone on the waitlist can get in.
    To expand on Darrell's comments: The NEDiv Executive Steward has granted TeamDI Pro IT a waiver of GCR 6.4.1.B to allow us to start 42 cars based on the positive experiences in our first two seasons. All accepted entries will be able to race. The Qualifying session is only for starting positions.

Because we have a waitlist for this event, I will second Darrell's request that accepted entries who know they will not race notify the Registrar that you are withdrawing as soon as possible so that we can add the next competitor from the waitlist.

See ya at Lime Rock

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by robits325is View Post
    If the National is light on competitors is there any chance they would combine a few groups and make room for a second Pro-IT group?
    Quoted so it doesn't get lost. Combine groups that are undersubscribed and make room for more $$$$$$$ !!!!! Cash in on the people who are actually willing to give you some money!!!!!

Suggestion:
    Group 2: FV, F500, FF right now.....FOUR cars.
    Group 4: FA, FC, FE, FM, FB, CSR, DSR, S2000.....SIX cars.

69 cars registered. 22 of them SM's.

Why not have 2 Pro IT groups? LOL. Poor organizers. Between a (Lime) rock and a hardplace.

Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 04-26-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    It's still Club Racing even with the "Pro" name.
    Why? A series is whatever you want it to be, no?
    Andy Bettencourt