Thread: Itb mustang?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No tag,haven't had the top off, I think it is a Holley, is that good or bad?

Default Holley/ Weber

You should be able to see down the choke hornto see if it is a single barrel, or double barrel. I'll bet it is the two barrel. Stay away from the most current two barrel Autolite (emissions carb), as it has a smaller primary venturi (flows less). It is identifiable by the asymetrical cover...very obvious.

The Holley/Weber has 26/28mm venturi, with 34/36mm throttle bore sizes...same as the Weber 34/36 DGV, the alternate carb for many cars, including the Mustang. The differences between the Autolite 5200 and the DGV are many, but the internal sizes and replacement parts are the same. Most obvious difference is the choke horn size...DGV is larger. The 5200 is adaquate, but actually the DGV flows a bit more due to the larger choke horn size.

E-mail me at [email protected] for more information about carbs for this engine.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

I've got a set of 85 GT wheels (4 lug) with almost new Toyo RA-1 available if you need tires and wheels. Email me at [email protected] formore info.