Thread: Who the he11 hit me?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is probably a bit calous, and I only have a few of the facts, but it sure seems you showed a lack of awareness in this situation. It may be completely the other guy's fault, or maybe you took his nose off at turn in? Maybe the SRF you just passed had a good view of the whole thing.

How does knowing make anything different?
    I'd want to know for serveral reasons. Maybe there's another side to the story and he/she has video showing that I made a mistake causing the wreck. The reality of situations can easily be skewed by ones own perspective. Or maybe the driver is just a jerk and you want to know to be especially cautious around them the next time. There are also other good reasons.

At some point I do agree it's gotta be chaulked up to just one of those things and put it behind you. Then again, that is a heafty bill!!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    ...it's gotta be chaulked up to just one of those things and put it behind you. Then again, that is a heafty bill!!
    I think where Kirk is going with this is that knowledge of the situation does not change that hefty bill. I may be wrong, but I'm inferring slight hints of a "this guy's gonna owe me some money!" kinda thing, something we all know is wrong...

And, at an $8500 repair bill, I'd suggest buying the whole damn car at the pre-arranged buy-out/total price, and either parting it out to recoup your money or repairing it yourself and keeping/selling it. You guys got all those details agreed-upon in advance...right...? - GA