Thread: Visiting Atlanta GA

Default Visiting Atlanta GA

I am traveling to Atlanta GA for a meeting. I am arriving this Sunday morning and have the day to hang out. Any suggestions? CNN, Coca Cola, Aquarium, High Museum... I was also told that nearby is a great go cart track?

What about restaurants?

My ITB Audi came from just outside Atlanta and I have been to Road Atlanta but other than that I really have no idea what is in Atlanta and never really had any dreams of visiting... Big City though so something has to be worth visiting!!!

Raymond "I am not renting a car otherwise I would head up to Road Atlanta for some wine tasting! Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Coca Cola is pretty neat with the tasting room - tons of different types of sodas produced through out the world. Maybe see if there is a baseball game being played? If not, a tour of the stadium or where the Falcons play? (We did a tour of the base ball field and it was kind of neat.)
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Look up Malibu Gran Prix if they are still open. Rotary engine gocarts with real suspensions! Sadly, many of the locations around the country are now closed. Not wheel to wheel, but still challanging.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Check out Andretti speed lab - that's the carts. It's fun but expensive. CNN is good and the aquarium us supposed to be great.

Restaurants depend on where you are staying, but anything in Virginia-Highland or Midtown should be good for atmosphere. Buckhead is OK but can be over-rated. Budget for places varies. What part of town will you be in?
    timo

WOW that took 20 years to make the connection between Malbu Grand Prix and the Malibu Grand Prix RX7 driven by Tommy Kendall in GTU. Its Rotarys. Holy crap,Im old now. When did that happen.

BTW that particular car was the winningest RX7 ever raced.Not the body style The car itself. Stupid trivia taking up good space in my head.

Dan 77 IT7

Skip the Atlanta Malibu Grand Prix - went there late last year for a nephew's birthday party. The equipment is a bit scruffy.
    Bob Hudson
    National Steward

You could visit the Underground.....
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)