Thread: 93 notch mustang 2.3 vs 5.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just looked at the SCCA web site at the ITR rules and it says only 89-93 Mustang GT and LX Mustangs. There is no mention of hatchback vrs notch. Both cane with 5.0 v8s and all suspension & drive trains were the same. Same brakes, rear end, transmission. It didn't mater if it was a hatchback or a notch. I owned 3 different Fox Mustangs and raced a '93 Cobra R. I thing I know what I'm talking about.

Saying that I do agree that the 94-95 GT may be a better choise for ITR. Stiffer chassis, better suspension & brakes stock, and can run at a lighter weight. Cost of these cars is not much higher then a 5.0 Fox. A Fox in good condition is now holding its own price wise and may in the future go up a bit. I know a stock 5.0 notch in good condition can command a price higher then a stock GT.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Quote Originally Posted by jimbbski View Post
    I just looked at the SCCA web site at the ITR rules and it says only 89-93 Mustang GT and LX Mustangs. There is no mention of hatchback vrs notch.
    I stand corrected. I don't recall doing the LX line, but, it matters little as you say since a 5L LX was the same as the 5L GT except for the godawful looking louvers and skirts the GT sported. I had an 85 5L LX notch back before they got "cool" in the 90s and LXs became more common.

Well its time to live with my decisions. I bought a donor 89 LX 5.0 5-speed. We will be pulling the drivetrain and suspension out of it and freshening it up.

I just learned that ITR usually runs in Group 1 with the GT cars.

I drove an ITC at school and I got alot of practice being passed.

This will probably be a good learning experience. I will have less than 5k in the whole car.

Chris... Where you the guys with the datsun shirts on? I was in the little 04 Honda. We ran in different groups.

What a blast...I'm hooked. I hope to run the ITC enduro in 2 weeks @ Daytona and then Homestead and Sebring.

Tom

Default Change of plans...again

Well we went to Daytona and ran in the Group I enduro as well as the Group VII regional. We ran a Honda Civic and we were seriously under powered. I spent the whole time playing the role of pylon on a rollerskate. I want to go faster, yet I would enjoy being a competitive ITB car.

We got a line on an AS Camaro if we want to run with the V8s.

I have gone back and forth on the Mustang and have now collected a 302/T5 drivetrain,a 302/auto combo, and a complete 2.3/T5 car.

I can sell all of the parts and make money, but my son wants to build his own car.

If we commit to ITB, would it be smarter to build from scratch with the 2.3 car or convert the AS project to ITB?

Dang, I sound like my wife at Belks.

Anybody want a 90 notch 2.3/T5 for $1200.00? We have the title.

Tom