Thread: LRP May 14,15 Regional

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LRP May 14,15 Regional

I do not see any registration hours for friday evening. That is going to make for a very busy Sat morning. Anyone know why no reg the evening before.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Quote Originally Posted by wepsbee View Post
    I do not see any registration hours for friday evening. That is going to make for a very busy Sat morning. Anyone know why no reg the evening before.
    Probably a cut and paste for a typical National weekend when all Rge is done Thursday evening and Friday morning. I bet they will staff it up when they realize - or already have a plan.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Hope so. I will try and reg on Fri as I only live an hr away.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Read page 11 of the supps.

That said, the risk is very much there on an ongoing basis. It's not uncommon for the Chief of Tech to not able to get enough volunteers to commit to being there, so he's not going to bother. No one wants to be there until midnight tech'ing cars because they're by themselves.

If you're worried about it - and you should be - you should contact the Chief Tech and volunteer to work tech, or the Chief Registrar to work reg, at least the night before events, if not some other time during the weekend; that may convince him/her to take additional time off work and drive up (from New Jersey? New York? Upper New England?) to register and tech you so you can go back to the hotel while they stay there working. Otherwise, you should plan on begin there early the next day or risk missing your session.

What say you, Dan? You only live an hour away; how about volunteering for reg and/or tech on Thursday night...?

Just askin'.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Read page 11 of the supps.

That said, the risk is very much there on an ongoing basis. It's not uncommon for the Chief of Tech to not able to get enough volunteers to commit to being there, so he's not going to bother. No one wants to be there until midnight tech'ing cars because they're by themselves.

If you're worried about it - and you should be - you should contact the Chief Tech and volunteer to work tech, or the Chief Registrar to work reg, at least the night before events, if not some other time during the weekend; that may convince him/her to take additional time off work and drive up (from New Jersey? New York? Upper New England?) to register and tech you so you can go back to the hotel while they stay there working. Otherwise, you should plan on begin there early the next day or risk missing your session.

What say you, Dan? You only live an hour away; how about volunteering for reg and/or tech on Thursday night...?

Just askin'.

GA
    Hmmmmm, could work, I will try and get off early and work on Fri night. I work until 7PM usually.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Greg,
    I would like to help with tech Friday morning and Friday evening... Can I just volunteer for helmet and log book...as I know very little about the car I drive??!!
    I will be there at some point Thursday evening but don't know what time. Do I just go to Tech and say "I'm here to help" or is there someone I should contact ahead of time?
    Denise
    Denise VanBuren