Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NHMS TeamDI Pro IT Race - April 10th

I thought you guys might enjoy a couple photos from the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looked like a really fun race. Once I get more experience in the car I definately want to come out and join you guys. i saw someone had an inquiry about the MARRS series with drivers reps. the drivers reps are really nice to have. Because of the level of competition, and speeds on the track, people are not really hesitant to speak to the driver in quesiton. The driver rep is a nice addition because if the whole field (or a any amount of people) has a problem, they can speak with the drivers rep, and the DR will speak to the driver in question. Which is effectively the whole group talking to the driver as one person which keeps the driver from getting defensive. The DR's also help fight for and issue fair track time, paddock spots, and if there is incidents on track they also play a part helping the stewards. I'm suprised more regions don't have Drivers Reps, they're a good buffer between Drivers/Stewards and Drivers and each other. (Reps are Drivers too btw)

Hope this helps,
    Steven

Phil,
    It was fun to get to challenge each other. The best part was that we both got our fastest laps at the end of the race.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

Adding my 2 cents to the crash, since I was the one with the unfortunate premium view and the "ass on the line" (damn, that bumper was all new!):

The red car spun all by itself. He did not lock the breaks and rolled back on the track. That move caused the cars behind him to almost come to a stop (e.g. me). A half a dozen cars behind me were lined up - and wham! Rob N. didn't see me early enough, locked up on the inside line and hit me.

Lessons learned:
    1. hit the breaks to prevent the car from rolling back on the track. It is very dangerous and unpredictable for other drivers to have a car shoot across the track

2. Qualifying is not a race. I don't understand why there are so many bulks of cars together sometimes even racing each other. With so many cars at different speeds close together the lap is wasted anyway - why not slow down, let the others go, relax the tires - and get a free, fast lap? This is way more effective, not speak of the risks (see above).
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Rob

Lessons learned:
    1. hit the breaks to prevent the car from rolling back on the track. It is very dangerous and unpredictable for other drivers to have a car shoot across the track

2. Qualifying is not a race. I don't understand why there are so many bulks of cars together sometimes even racing each other. With so many cars at different speeds close together the lap is wasted anyway - why not slow down, let the others go, relax the tires - and get a free, fast lap? This is way more effective, not speak of the risks (see above).
    Excellent points .... Don't be too surprised if you hear them again

Terry

Huge thanks goes out to Glen Lawton and Robert Blake! That was a great suprise to receive the DVD in the mail, complete with highlights index and race results.

THAT WAS SUPER COOL!!!!! You guys rock
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

ditto on what Ben said!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

See me at LRP on Saturday for your NHMS check. Make sure I get your W9. Check www.ProITSeries.com for the form. Plus update your profile.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony