Thread: NHMS TeamDI Pro IT Race - April 10th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The ProIT Race was a great way to shake the cobwebs off. With 2 twenty minute qualifying sessions and a 45 minute race, there was plenty of track time.

Thankfully I made it thru the spins without damage. There were two occasions (qual and race) where I saw a red car sideways in front of me.

As for the race itself, it was fun to mix it up with a Miata for quite a while. Then I dropped the right rear wheel off track at the turn-in at turn 6 and that sent me spinning. My nice lead over Phil Kogan went away quickly. My apologies to the ITR/ITS leaders who were coming thru at that time. I pedaled as fast as I could up the hill. All the drivers were patient with me as the car got back up to speed. (I got back on line out of 6)

Phil and I got to battle a bit for the last 4 or 5 laps, with Phil taking a run on the inside at 3. But the CRX was able to power up the hill and that gave me the advantage to the checker.

It was a long day, but ended well.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

A quick search yeilded no fruit on the SWC weight for an E36 325. Anyone know where to look?
    Give a call to Topeka, they should have archived copies of the WC rule sets. I got a copy from the mid-late 90's a few years back.