Thread: NHMS TeamDI Pro IT Race - April 10th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

but we become such wussies when it comes to important face-to-face adult discussions? We have that same problem with protesting cars, too, a misplaced concern that we might "offend" someone? Or is it that we feel a lot safer when we're in the car, with a less chance of getting punched in the face?

Maybe I'm different, but I rarely have issue with walking up to someone, asking them to step aside and talk to me in private, and letting my feelings be known.
    Keep in mind Greg that you're talking from a perspective of someone whose been in the game for a while, and with that comes more confidence in what's going on. Regardless, the face-to-face discussion is a key to ensuring stuff doesn't happen again or as a minimum give fare warning it won't be brushed off and just accepted. It's a tough walk when going over to a competitor and often times tensions are still high making it even more daunting for people. Sometimes the discussion isn't meant to happen that day either (aka Sam Moore and my talk which finally happened the next time we raced together a couple of years later). Again, not saying it shouldn't be done.

Protesting a car becomes even more intimidating since it also involves quite a bit of knowledge about the system, and it quite a bit of effort.

I believe we may need to start a drivers group to discuss issues like this situation among ourselves at the track.
    If a driver is approached by a group, they'll automatically go into defense mode no matter what the situation. People should feel okay to speak with other more experienced drivers on suggestions how best to approach situations.

Drivers who participate in the MARRS series have a class driver's rep to work through various situations. Wonder how that works for them?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Hey Anthony

Thanks for a fun race. I enjoyed the challenge. Linda will take over for the regionals, but maybe we can race again at another Team DI event. I really did want to get around you for a Miata win but I think we both had our issues. My tires were pretty tired and you had fuel deals going. Somehow I set my personal best at NHMS during that race. Keith H. did a nice job pressuring me for quite a while until being swallowed up by the leaders.

Sorry to Rob Breault for impeding your progress on the last lap, but all I could see was CRX and I was not going to let a BMW get in the way.

Phil # 38 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by FastM3 View Post

Sorry to Rob Breault for impeding your progress on the last lap, but all I could see was CRX and I was not going to let a BMW get in the way.

Phil # 38 Miata

Phil,

No apologies necessary. I was safe in second wth no chance of losing 2nd or catching first. I was more than content to hang behind you guys and watch a good race!
    R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Phil,

No apologies necessary. I was safe in second wth no chance of losing 2nd or catching first. I was more than content to hang behind you guys and watch a good race!
    R
    Quoted for drivers. This is the right attitude IMHO.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967