That has been a few years (your NX2000 season) and the miata has not beaten the crap out of the holy Honda at the big events in all that time. If it was the be all end all that is promoted here, even in ham hands it would show its dominance. Why has the Teg /CRXs been given a pass "in the dominant car" catagory even though it continues to be the winning car / cars?
To me it comes across as a pro Honda crowd and an anti miata crowd. The miata is an easy target as SM has developed many "anti miataites". I have cussed them (the drivers) many times myself. I changed classes to get away from them and the resultant (is that a word) $$$$$$ of body work. All that being said you guys in the great NE have let it get a little personal, (Andy quit driving so well) and your faithful followers tend to chime in with your (and others) message creating a pile on (hater) situation.
I don't have a turf to protect (or an "A" car) so no gain here. Travis built his car because it is familier to him, he knows how to do some of the wrenching on it, and if he drives well can be in the front pack. He DID NOT build it because it is the car to have. Until any old hack can get in a top miata and kick Honda butt the message you guys sing is not valid.
When I did have a very well built "A" miata the car only got me so far. Several MidDiv wins, against less than top car / driver combinations (a lot of crossover SMs and a few others). When I took the same car to ARRC it got me in the top 10 / 15 or so. Now if Drago, Bennett, Pombo, or Stretch were in it, Kevin, AJ, and the Mosers would have had a tougher race. (Not that Tom & Cefalo didn't give Kevin a tough time the next year either.) If more than one of those guys above were in pretty well done miatas it would have been double tough. The draft is the thing for miatas at RAtlanta. When it is all added up it just comes out as a car that can compete right now..... not dominate. That title would fit closer to the Honda products....but they should not be tagged with that title either, IMHO. "A" seems very healthy and the miata is part of why it is healthy, just like the Honda cars.