Thread: Safe to bring baby to the track?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My kids still scurry away from loud noises, especially my son. In my case it is not safe to bring my kids to the track because my wife would kill me.
    Tom Sprecher

Andrea went to her first dog show at 6 weeks, and first race at ~3 months. We bought pretty decent muffs for her so she got accustomed to wearing them from an early age. Oh the pictures I have of her at the track as a kid.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

We've been bringing our daughter to the track since she was only a few months old. Cotton works ok with babies... ear plugs with older ones.

The other thing that works is to make friends with people in nice RV's.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

I did the same as Anthony, use cotton in the baby's ears with a small piece of masking tape holding it in. Worked fine. As they get older and the head expands and solidifies, you can get a small pair of shooting ear muffs or ear plugs.

Just pay attention to what is happening around you and try to keep them away from cars warming up. Also, be observant with where you watch the races from. I.E. the entrance to turn 3 is a lot quieter than the exit (where the cars exhaust is pointing at the fans).
    "It's a fact..."

Mine ran away from air guns at an early age. now he steals it from me to work on his jeep. he's also my crew chief. first race for him was 7 mos.

Russ
    Russ