Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd gen rx7 issues hot ....hot.....crappy looking coolant.

The car came home today.... Dave at KDR did a great job rebuilding the motor and for a good price. I still need a new rad since the one it came with has quite a few patches on it....Dave even did some additional epoxy work this morning too.....Can't wait to run it. It looks like Nelson's next weekend!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gpeluso View Post
    I tried to drive the car this past weekend on an open lapping day and got (3) 5 min sessions. oil temp 240 water temp 240........ the more I talk to people the more it sounds like it is f**ked up.
    time line...first...
    ..... ran a 5 min session and saw water leaking from the rad area. I was upset that I pick up the car and it had isues...

last week......took car to open lap day and experienced what I stated earlier. (water at 240)

Conclusion.......car was messed up when I got it!
    The over heating was coming from one of the Rad caps being bad and the water pump was pouring water out of it. That was the water I saw running out of the front of the motor.

Greg
    Seems like a simple water pump failure has caused low water levels leading to further issues. According to your time line you saw water leaking from the car right away.

As a distant observer it looks like one of those deals that unfortunately happened, (water pump failed a seal or whatever) but, because it wasn't attended to properly, it spiraled.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com