Thread: 2nd gen rx7 issues hot ....hot.....crappy looking coolant.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just remember Andy's Ad for the car..........price or not .......was told ready to go ...... Engine is apart and know what the origin of the problem is now. This is not no 1st race car....... REMEMBER ANDY's AD... that was what was advertised.....i never got a session with more than 5 min...... I believe the car was rented for the prior event before I purchased it.......AD did not say OLD 23yr racecar for sale that can not be run in current state...... Steve I was just looking for some help since you guys own a shop that did prep and your partner sold the car.....it even said FLATOUT all over the car.... I just was looking for help not ....I never even mentioned FLATOUT in this thread until now. I have an aditional 7k in the car........so I'm missing the great $8,300 deal.....If i wanted a parts car I would have bought one.... I could have purchased a ready to go car for $12k... without problems. Remember the ad! Maybe there are other issues that I don't know about since I have not been able to run the car for more than 5 min....... SO where are the other set of SSR's ........I got 1 set of SSR's....1 set of a different brand..... 1 set stock....... can't wait to get the other set of SSR's.....????????????? I guess it is what it is...Steve, I wish you would have just responded to me in the email I sent you about what was found when the motor was opened up...not here. Nick called yesterday and left a message and I to left a message for him, he has always been good to talk to in the past. Other people opinions should not determine what is the right thing to do reguarding this transaction..... as it stands things just have not worked out for me.... I'm sure KDR will be having the running great again, I'm not a great driver like you but I will do my best to get the car buzzing around the track.....maybe 2010 will have a good finish for me.

Greg

Oh the joys of selling and buying race cars...

Steve is a standup guy and I am sure that he was not aware of any problems.
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by gpeluso View Post

SO where are the other set of SSR's ........I got 1 set of SSR's....1 set of a different brand..... 1 set stock....... can't wait to get the other set of SSR's.....????????????? I'm not a great driver like you ...

Greg
    Regarding the wheels: My mistake. The car shipped with one set of SSRs and one other set of featherlight wheels that cost $350 a pop (in addition to the rain tires on stock rims). Apologies.

Regarding my driving prowess: I wish. I'm a midpack hacker all the way. Sometimes I win if all the fast guys forget to show up.

Steve

What did opening the motor show?

Steve, Andy and NIck have been a part of the IT scene for a long time, and have been involved in the sale of a lot of ITS RX7s. They are part of the "in" crowd that knows which cars are good, which to be avoided, etc.

I'd be very surprised if anything intentional was done here.

If the motor shows that the car is not as represented maybe Steve should do something for you. But a race motor, even a new one, can fail first time out, and on an as is where is sale, hard to see how they are responsible -- unless, again, the teardown shows something not as represented.

I hope you guys work this out. Dealing with it on the open forum is not the best way to handle it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Very dissapointing. Original ad:

https://improvedtouring.com...hlight=Flatout
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    What did opening the motor show? If the motor shows that the car is not as represented maybe Steve should do something for you.

I hope you guys work this out. Dealing with it on the open forum is not the best way to handle it.
    Excellent points both. I imagine we'll get something worked out.

Steve

The car came home today.... Dave at KDR did a great job rebuilding the motor and for a good price. I still need a new rad since the one it came with has quite a few patches on it....Dave even did some additional epoxy work this morning too.....Can't wait to run it. It looks like Nelson's next weekend!

Greg