Thread: 2nd gen rx7 issues hot ....hot.....crappy looking coolant.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What did opening the motor show?

Steve, Andy and NIck have been a part of the IT scene for a long time, and have been involved in the sale of a lot of ITS RX7s. They are part of the "in" crowd that knows which cars are good, which to be avoided, etc.

I'd be very surprised if anything intentional was done here.

If the motor shows that the car is not as represented maybe Steve should do something for you. But a race motor, even a new one, can fail first time out, and on an as is where is sale, hard to see how they are responsible -- unless, again, the teardown shows something not as represented.

I hope you guys work this out. Dealing with it on the open forum is not the best way to handle it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Very dissapointing. Original ad:

https://improvedtouring.com...hlight=Flatout
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    What did opening the motor show? If the motor shows that the car is not as represented maybe Steve should do something for you.

I hope you guys work this out. Dealing with it on the open forum is not the best way to handle it.
    Excellent points both. I imagine we'll get something worked out.

Steve

The car came home today.... Dave at KDR did a great job rebuilding the motor and for a good price. I still need a new rad since the one it came with has quite a few patches on it....Dave even did some additional epoxy work this morning too.....Can't wait to run it. It looks like Nelson's next weekend!

Greg