Thread: BMW Sports Trophy - sign up, it's free!

Post BMW Sports Trophy - sign up, it's free!

Hello fellow BMW racers

I want to make you aware of a great free program from BMW to support privateers in all kinds of racing series INCLUDING SCCA NARRC, TeamdI Pro IT series, NJRRS ...

It is called BMW Sports Trophy. You can sign up online at www.bmw-motorsport.com/sportstrophy.

BENEFITS
    Apart from over 250,000 EUR in price money the program includes free race accident insurance for every participant and other benefits. If you register early (by April 30th), you will receive an additional BMW welcome package. BMW is working with partners to make additional benefits such as special participant discounts available (some of them are restricted to Europe at this point).

ELIGIBILITY
    Eligible are BMW race cars E36 and younger (sorry, no E30s). Currently NARRC, NJRRS and TeamDI Pro IT series are approved (in addition to Grand AM, World Challenge and others).

PDF with details about the program http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/de/race...tn_ms_cp_6_1_R

SPORTS TROPHY AND SCCA RACING
    Now you might wonder if an amateur racer in SCCA has any chances of winning a trophy and price money (since WTCC, BTCC and other highly professional series are competing as well). The good news is that BMW came up with a point system that factors in different series and gives everyone a fair chance. It works: the top 25 racers winning a Sports Trophy in the last years came from over a dozen very different series around the world. Last year, three SCCA drivers made it into the top 50 and and I personally won a trophy twice (2008 & 2009) and got invited to the fabulous annual BMW Sports Trophy event in Munich. Check out the reports at http://www.proitseries.com/content/view/43/26/ and http://www.proitseries.com/content/view/73/1/.
    I spoke to Mario Theissen personally: BMW knows and appreciates what we are doing our own dime holding the flag of our favorite brand up. Grassroots Motorsport is as important for BMW as a brand as the works engagements.

So don't wait - it is a FREE program - hurry up and sign up now! Again if you register before end April you get a welcome package for free (you can still register later if you don't want the freebie).
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Nice for folks in the northeast, but it seems like the rest of us are out of luck.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Josh, if your series is not listed you can apply for it. You will need the rules and regulations and the website. Send it to bmwsportstrophy at bmw-motorsport.com. I can help you with this, you can pm me or send email to rob at motorsportcollection.com.

Rob

That sucks...more e30s raced than any other BMW. CB
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

You have to understand that BMW wants to push newer models with the Sports Trophy. We are lucky the E36s still count.

Rob, is this a "go" for 2011? I wasn't able to find anything on the Motorsport website...

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

Hi Jarrod,

Yes, BMW Sports Trophy 2011 will open soon for registration. SCCA races will be included again. I will post the link to the registration once it is up.

2010 Rob Driscoll made it with his ITS E46. Congrats to Rob for his Trophy!!!

Sports Trophy 2011 registration is live. You find the details here: http://www.bmw-sportpokal.com/

If you register by April 30th, you get a BMW Welcome Package in addition to the usual free benefits (insurance etc.).

Find our fellow ITS racer Rob Driscoll on the 2010 winner picture on the HP and you get additional bragging rights.

Remember: SCCA Club and Pro Racing are eligible, so sign up. If your series is not listed, email them (or me, happy to help).

Good luck for your 2011 season!