Hi everyone,

I've got some great news! And No this is not an April Fools joke.

I'm excited to announce for the first time in the History of SCCA regional races at Mid Ohio we will be starting all races on from the pro starter stand on the back straight! That means you will have three opportunities to dive into turn seven gritting your teeth.

The start stand will be just that. Start only. All other important information, restarts and finish will be done at the Main Stand on the pit straight. The pace car will peel off into the pits and the pole sitting car will be responsible for pacing the field around to the pro start. The first lap starts once you cross the transponder loop on the pit straight without the pace car so your first lap is going to be a bit long. The first lap is complete once you hit the loop again.

In other news I'm going to move the ITR class in with ITS and ITB this year. This gives me more flexibility to move the class if by chance a large number of entries appear this year in ITS, ITB or ITR. Last year was 10 , 10, 2. I figure we can do better than 22 cars this year. Philosophy is when moving a class to move it later in the day thus you do not catch someone out who is expecting to "start later in the day and ends up missing a session because they were not informed of the change to an earlier session".

Race Groups

1 SM, SSM
2 ITB, ITS, ITR
3 SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL
4 ITA, IT7, ITC
5 FF, CFF, FC, CFC, FE, FM
6 ITE, AS, STO, STU

Registration should be open on motorsportsreg around the end of May.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region SCCA