Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
I would normally take rt 9 so that should answer your question it takes nearly the same time IF you have no traffic and you like windy roads while maintaining highway speeds.... so in short its not a prime towing road

I think route 3 would have worse traffic problems with the construction on that side but as long as your not traveling at 5pm in that area it is probably OK. If you do take route 3 ( which h is what I would do) DO NOT STAY IN THE LEFT LANES AS YOU NEAR THE TOLL. It has a massive dip (almost a hole) that you really want to avoid! Good luck and have fun.

Stephen
Stephen gives a good warning...

Rt 3/Everet Turnpike is most certainly faster than 93 (good Call Greg).... The roads are also all in VERY GOOD condition with the one MAJOR exception... When approaching the Bedford toll northbound do not travel in the left lane. A MAJOR dip in the road will not be good for the tools, but it will probably get the mice out of the race car! But for real other than that most of the roads are in perfect condition from Burlington MA north to the Hooksett Toll Booth in NH.

Raymond "Hope this helps" Blethen