Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHIS TeamDI Pro IT Race - April 10th

Default NHIS TeamDI Pro IT Race - April 10th

So this looks like the big season opener for IT racers in the Northeast. My big question to our friends up in the MA/NH area - how bad are the highways after a brutal winter? I'm asking because in years past the potholes etc have been punishing on the trip up, particularly in NH.

I need to know if it's really bad and if I should leave the RV home and take the truck. I don't want to blow apart my RV suspension.

Your perspective is appreciated - my suspension (and kidneys) thank you.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Hell we had a easy winter up here it is you Mid Atlantic guys who went thru hell.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I'd worry more about the roads in NY
    They haven't seen snow up in NH in well over 2 months!
    Jerry
    NER South

First time in years that the snowbank melted this fast! Today was the final day for snow for me, I live just outside of Concord. I would say the highways and 106 are fine and you should be good to go!

That's great news since I really want to bring up the party wagon.

We did go through snow hell in NJ - I have never plowed more snow. Our roads are TRASHED.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Dude, your roads sucked BEFORE the snow...

Come down now - it's waaaay worse. But I-93 in NH - man, strap down everything, shake rattle and roll...

But I haven't been up there in three seasons. When I called the track they were glowing about all the major improvements made up there. Looking forward to checking it out - including the new RV corral.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Bring the shag wagon Ben, how bad could the roads be? It was a mild winter here.

Anyone willing to put me on their crew list so I can come watch Ben's new car take on ALL the BMW's in ITR or to see the ITS cars with 1/2 a second across the lot of them.

I want to watch the Pro-IT race put every other National group to shame as I am sure it will!

Thanks
    Matt

I spent the day at NHMS, it was 83 and sunny when I left at 4:30 pm.
    Jerry
    NER South

93 North just after 495 before the construction zone in Salem is the worst its been, Big construction delays on Rte 3 before Bedford toll plaza due to new exit to Manch Airport. Usually 1 lane each way at rush hour.
    Good luck,Dan

This is shaping up to be a great weekend! Hopefully the weather is as good as it was this past weekend. Good turnout so far, especially in ITR... It looks like we have some new faces joining the mix as well! should be fantastic.... PRO IT will be the race of the weekend.

Hey Dano - any chance of bypassing that construction? I'm going to print up directions and look for the spot you mention.

I have every form of rain related tire so I guarantee it will be sunny! Where is Andy Bettencourt??? - Andy - you better not wuss out on the Pro IT race bro!!!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Can someone point me to the schedule for the day? New to the area and I plan to come up to mingle and smell hot brakes . I found the class counts on NESCCA but not the schedule for either PRO IT or SCCA. Thanks in advance.

AJ Goldsmith

I'm there...but working Tech (and drinking beer). 'Teg ain't ready...sigh...was really hoping to get a National finish under my belt...

Direction questions - do I take 293N to 93N and bypass the construction?

Or, looks like I can take 91N all the way to Brattleboro VT and then cut accross to Concord NH on Route 9. Anybody try this? Route 9 looks like a single lane deal.... 100 miles on country road...

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by benspeed; 04-05-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

My route from Connecticut to NHMS is I-84 East to the Mass Pike, then I-495 North to Route 3 North towards Nashua (exit 35?); that's the Everett Turnpike that goes through Nashua and Manchester. Trailer-friendly (4-lane, divided, but the run through Manchester is a tad twisty, just slow down), and the tolls are cheap (EZ Pass works in MA and NH). Go that way and you'll bypass Dan's construction zone.

Just note that on the way back, the Everett Turnpike exits to the left. Just move left as you pass the NH State rest area/liquor store (you'll see what I mean, pretty decent prices on beer/wine, no tax) and you'll be fine.

GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 04-05-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Edit for direction...

Mucho thanks - many extra cold beers in the coach for ya!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Quote Originally Posted by shlowone View Post
    Can someone point me to the schedule for the day? New to the area and I plan to come up to mingle and smell hot brakes . I found the class counts on NESCCA but not the schedule for either PRO IT or SCCA. Thanks in advance.

AJ Goldsmith
    Schedule can be found in the supps here: http://www.nescca.com/registration/Supps/10-N-977-S.pdf

on the NESCCA site just click "view" next to "pre race count"

Thanks Matt. Now you know why my handle is Slow...

I would normally take rt 9 so that should answer your question it takes nearly the same time IF you have no traffic and you like windy roads while maintaining highway speeds.... so in short its not a prime towing road

I think route 3 would have worse traffic problems with the construction on that side but as long as your not traveling at 5pm in that area it is probably OK. If you do take route 3 ( which h is what I would do) DO NOT STAY IN THE LEFT LANES AS YOU NEAR THE TOLL. It has a massive dip (almost a hole) that you really want to avoid! Good luck and have fun.

Stephen