I was tempted to write something like "Since the National BoD has dissed the regions by inviting anyone that can fog a mirror to the Runoffs, the Atlanta Region no longer feels compelled to adhere to the 'no compete' philosophy of the ARRC by GRM...", but that would be inflammatory.

We've had great support from the IT/SM crowd over the years, but the other side of the front straight was pretty thin last year. And when the BoD decided to invite FB, STO & STU even though they hadn't "made the numbers", we decided to return the favor. I don't know how many National-class drivers will decide to spend four days in North Georgia for a better race than they'll get in ten days in Wisconsin, but we'll see how it works out.

Running nine races on Saturday, Nov. 6, will be a challenge, but we've done it in the past successfully. There will be a 35-minute time limit (which is plenty to finish 20 laps in all groups if no FCY is required), plus we'll have an extra hour of daylight compared to past years (DST ends on 11/7).

In response to a PM, I've made a note to bring back ITU for this event only (and run it with STU). That will allow those who attend the Runoffs in STU to also compete at the ARRC by GRM.

Thank you for your input...