52 classes? Really? Is that how bad it's got? Damn, I think we have NASA beat now.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
. IT7, ITA, SP-2, SP-3
. ITR, ITS, SMX
. ITB, ITC, ITT, SSB, SSC
None of those IT races are going to go off without getting mucked up by one of the "new classes". Just not going to happen.

I was already wavering on the ARRC this year, and I'm sorry but now this doesn't have a lot more allure to me than just a regular regional. I mean really, how's it any different? Drive 600 miles for two days & one race, running around with SM, SS, and NASA cars in the middle of and not respecting your IT race? I can do that at Mid Ohio's two October regionals, and get a second race too. Yeah, the competition might not be as good, but can I continue to think "the players" in IT are going to continue showing up with this format? I think not. Well at least HPD added their ARRC contingency this year (yet I wonder if they knew about this change before they agreed to that), and combined with Hoosier's support (if it continues), it may still be a good idea for me to attend. Probably won't decide until October though.

Sorry Butch, I don't want to bitch because you guys have done such a fantastic job for us (the IT community) over the years, but it's just how I feel, and I imagine you guys were expecting that a bit from the IT crowd on this change.