1g/3g Hondas have been breaking stock hubs when they are raced with wide, high offset wheels and sticky tires/slicks. I am trying to get a Group Buy going to produce a run of race quality hubs as Hondas supply has been exhausted, so putting in new ones every season will not be an option.

I have been working with ICP Citation on this project.

They produce very high quality racing components and have many top racing teams as clients. They also produce the championship winning Citation formula cars.

They are proposing making the 1g/3g Hubs out of heat treated 4340 steel. These hubs will be bullet proof so you won't have to change them every season or every 8 races. They would also like to get a broach made to keep the costs down. Broaches are expensive to have made and has to be amortized against the first buy.

In order to get these made we will have to do a Group Buy with the usual down payment up front and final payment before shipping. This project will take several months to get drawings done, G Code created and have a broach made.

We need to build 10 sets (20 hubs) in order to keep the cost down Under $400 per hub.

Yes good parts and good material costs, but is cheap considering that the loss of a wheel at speed could mean the loss of the whole car and worse.

I would like to start a list of interested parties, so please PM me and I'll add your name to the list.
Just need to get a head count now so we can arrive at the best pricing possible.

I have also posted this on Redpepper and will post on the GT site so we can get as many people as possible to get in on this build. Please pass the word on.

Buford